Friday, 6 August 2010

55 Flash Fiction Friday - Episode 16

Join me in playing this writing game with hundreds of other bloggers including G-Man, Steveroni and Brian Miller  called 55 Flash Fiction Fridays.




My mother gave me life 
She also gave me love 
She nurtured my soul 
and moulded my essence 

I owe a lot to her 
For the person I am today 
Mum shaped my character 
Taught us right from wrong 
Wish I was closer to you 
To give a little back 
And Be there for you.



FlogYoBlog Friday over at Random Ramblings of a SAHM.  
Go check it out! 

BWS tips button
Head on over to Boobies, Babies and a Blog  
I want to say Fuck You to the following:

  • My squeeky double bed.  I really need a new one and this time I'm buying a KING!
  • Fuck you to the SARS and efiling support centre asswipes who can't reset my username and password so that I can do my tax returns.
  • Fuck you to the shitbag customer who bought something from me and now refuses to pay or admit that she got the stuff.
  • To the three chocolates I ate yesterday -Fuck you for tempting me and moving the evil calories to my Derriere.
  • Last but not least the church who stole my original poem and using it in one of their services without my permission.








8 comments:

Claudia said...

like how you honor your mom with these words - and - being a mom myself - hope my children will say nice things like this as well about me one day...

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

I love, love, LOVE the tribute in 55 words to your mother...this is absolutely the best.

Thanks for leaving comments for me after you visit with me. It's always appreciated.

Have a great weekend.

John's comments said...

Glad you have a good memory of your mum. Love the add on of Fawk you Friday and ouch at the last line! Thanks for dropping by to hear (yes hear!) or read my Friday 55 Flash fiction then click here. Hope you have a good weekend!

Brian Miller said...

a beautiful tribute...she is still doing well post surgery? dont know where i would be without my mum...

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Mum is doing great post surgery. She has to lie flat on her back for two weeks. No sitting! Only standing and lying down. She will then go back to have follow up x-rays to make sure everything is where its supposed to be.

She's already getting frustrated with being in bed and its only day 3 post surgery.

Poor mum...wish she was closer so I could at least pop in everyday for a natter and a cuppa.

Jingle said...

sweet 55,
a poetic and passionate way to love back, she will be proud of you.

Akelamalu said...

Lovely tribute to you Mum. :)

steveroni said...

Wonderful gig to your Mum...Glad I'm not on the F/U list--or am I (glad!)?

Do not know why "steveroni" is on the "label" list??? Doesn't matter what I know or not know!

PEACE!
Steve

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails