Friday, 13 August 2010

55 Flash Fiction Friday - Episode 17

Play the writing game me and with hundreds of other bloggers including G-Man called 55 Flash Fiction Fridays.  The aim is to write a complete story in 55 words only.  Go on, try it!


"Wiping the slate clean"
Is by no means possible 
There should not even be such an expression. 
We ultimately Forgive 
But never Forget 
We carry around our fears 
Which haunt and burden us. 
Revisiting these events that trouble us. 
We can’t discuss them 
We can’t share them 
It eats away at us for all eternity


FlogYoBlog Friday over at Random Ramblings of a SAHM.  
Go check it out

Boobies hosts this one.

I want to say Fuck You to the follow dickweeds this Friday:
  • The Macadamia Nut dispenser at the Fruit & Veg City which made me look like  a complete fucking tit when I pulled the lever and I got more nuts on the floor than I did in my paper bag.  Fucking stupid high-speed dispensers.
  • Fuck You to the South African winters that get longer and longer and colder and colder.  My nipples may have actually elongated this winter - thanks to you. And that is not a good thing.
  • And finally this one took the cupcake for the week...Fuck You to South African Idols who made me laugh so hard that I spit my satisfying beverage all over my snoozing daughter who was on my lap.  Conversation went like this:
Gareth Cliff : "So what do you do for a living?"
Rather dim-looking Idols Contestant : I sell sweets, crisps and stuff.
Gareth Cliff :  Like a Spaza Shop?
Idiot : Yebo
Gareth Cliff :  Oh , soo you're A Vendor?
Idiot : No, I'm a Zulu!

 Eish Wena Here is the Clip!

Happy Friday the 13th Too! *evil chuckle*

18 comments:

RawknRobynsGoneBlogWild said...

This is very funny. I totally agree about wiping the slate clean, and I'm sorry about the fawkin macadamia nut dispenser.

Thanks for your comment on my tribute post.
Have a good weekend.
xoRobyn

swputh said...

I agree with you...
Nice post...


Thank you for dropping by:). love to hear more from you

Brian Miller said...

it is friday the 13th...forgot that...hmm...and no ones slate is clean...at least not this sid eof the ether...

Claudia said...

yep - it's not always easy to forget - but so good if we manage in the end..

Austin said...

Forgive but don't forget, not sure if we really should forget, either cautious or as a lesson, but like Claudia said, it's good to not holds on!

Nice 55, I enjoyed it!

Jen said...

Just found you via FYBF and am now a follower. Love your blog :)

Christy said...

We get some of those kind of answers here in the States too. I love watching the auditions too. I always want to know why people think they can sing.

John's comments said...

ooh, getting into deep emotional waters here. I agree not to forget but forgiving does remove the wider darkness and anger IMHO. To hear or read my non-PC illustrated Friday 55 click here. Warning you may have to read the footnote after to make sense of it!

Jingle said...

divine 55,
forgive but not forget, how true we must to lead a life like this....

beautiful writing...

something special for 55 team in my blog,
welcome!

Aimee said...

i heart all the pinup girls all over your site!!!
i'm a new fawk you friday follower!
aimee
http://themomwhostayedsober.blogspot.com/
http://diaryofausedtobefatty.blogspot.com

G-Man said...

Jillie Bean...
You Rock The Continent Baby
Love your 55.
Love your sassy wit.
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

moondustwriter said...

That slate is a constant reminder huh


and Friday the 13th - hope it was a good one

I have family in Joburg
Plan to get there (hopefully)
love from the Moon

Jannie Funster said...

I sometimes forget but not forgive. Is that normal??

WhisperingWriter said...

I hate long drawn out winters. We get those and they are not fun.

Kimberly said...

Great blog! Came across your blog from one of the blog hops, and looking forward to reading more of your stuff. I am now following... feel free to follow back if you like!!!!
All the best,
Kim

http://amoroccan-acat-and-my-bigass.blogspot.com/

~J said...

I totally want to visit South Africa....just not in the winter! ;)

Thanks for linking up gorgeous!

lime said...

it's true we can never forget, but in forgiving we can choose not to nurse the bad memory as well.

KB said...

I agree there is no way to wipe the slate clean. We must learn from where we have been or what is the point of going there?

Sorry I'm so late. Have a good day/night.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails