Friday, 22 June 2012

Friday's Dae -It-Yersel' Shoegasm


Happy Friday, Plonkers

Here are some DIY tips that I just LOVE to use

Use a clean dustpan to fill a container that doesn't fit in the sink.  Fekkin genius!


Use a comb to hold your nails in place when hammering them in.  No fat thumbs!

Use a post-it note as a dust-catcher when drilling

Stretch a rubber band around a paint tin to wipe your brush on.  It prevents drips down the side of the can

Place a wooden spoon over your boiling pots to prevent them boiling over.

Use bread clips to save flip-flops with split holes

How to put your boots in the drier

Genius!

How to keep the straw from rising out of your soda can

Use a staple remover to save your fingernails when trying to add things to your key ring!

Use a microfiber cloth to prevent frost from forming on the windshield.

And it wouldn't be Friday without a Shoegasm. I thought I'd tie in the DIY theme with my Shoegasm.

Link up, Bitches and show off yer Hooker Heels.


Now here is a fantabulous and novel way of storing and displaying your well-loved heels.  What do you think?  Anyone wanna make me one for my birthday.


SHOE BOOKSHELF


16 comments:

Becky said...

Oh sweet baby yams. Love your tips - I wish I could come up with this stuff, but alas, I'm not so creative.

Anonymous said...

the Web site of Learn More about the
Relevante links:

Mark said...

Seriously, I wish you would dedicate your entire blog to those helpful ideas. I don't even know how I got through 44 years not know that stuff. And by the way, I'll be using that rubber band/can trick this weekend. Thanks for the idea!
m.

BamaTrav said...

aight, I love a woman with heels. xo

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Aren't you a clever lass! Well, I guess that goes without saying, right?

Jay Paoloni said...

These tips are just amazing!!
The way to fill a bucket that doesn't fit in the sink, and the wooden spoon to prevent boiling over!! It's just great!
But the boots in the dryer... from the picture it looks like you put a whole person in the dryer, and boots are just sticking out.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Gillian, these are brilliant ideas. I like the wooden spoon one, but I can't see using a staple remover for a key ring. Why not just use a butter knife?

AimeeKay said...

Love these awesome tips! Definitely gonna have to try some!

Dazee Dreamer said...

omg, seriously, those are fabulous ideas!!!

The Glebe Blog said...

Here's a handy idea you missed out.
Turn an old telephone book into a personal address book. Just cross out the names and addresses of the people you don't know.

Bev said...

well this is my first visit to your blog and already i think you're a genius. can't wait for more. i would love for you to visit my blog.

http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

thanks
new follower bev

Candilynn Fite said...

Thanks for your blog visit! I'm excited about my first ever fiction contest I'm holding. :)

I love the first tip for filling containers in the sink! That's great!

shrink on the couch said...

such great tips! how does the wooden spoon prevent boil overs, I wonder? neat trick, however it works. and love the bread tag for flip flops. genius is right.

shrink on the couch said...

oh and feck me ... I passed over a bookshelf that was put out to the curb by a neighbor because I couldn't think of where I would put it. Would have been a great shoe shelf. Next time!

Deidre said...

The dust pan for getting the water into Too Big containers is just BRILLIANT.

houseofestrogen said...

Brilliant - all of it! I will be using the post-it note, comb, and wooden spoon ideas right away! Fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails