Friday, 8 June 2012

Introducting Jack Booth


Introducting Jack Booth.

I've been married to the wonderful Joanne for 10 years.We have two daughters called Kathryn and Elizabeth,who are 9 and 7.

What got you started in blogging?

I don't write a blog, I use the various blogs I follow as a way to relax. I'm a barber by trade, I have my own business in Buxton, Derbyshire, so I tend to spend all day talking (usually about the same thing) so I find reading other people's blogs a way to let my brain relax.

Other than ADSL (A Daft Scots Lass), I can recommend:

Spence is an ambulance driver and his writing is clever,funny and sometimes a little sad.

Beta Dad is also very funny and very cool.

What do you do for a living?

My job is different every day (the actual hair cuts don't really alter,men's hair can only be cut a certain number of ways.Thank goodness)but I get to see different people every day, I can bring my dog to work every day, and even bring the girls in as well.

Reading? iPod?

I'm reading "The Hound of the Baskevilles" by Arthur Conan Doyle, as for my ipod it's filled with blues, jazz and other stuff Jo won't let me listen to at home such as Kraftwerk.

Stupidest sporting injury?

I used to do a lot of cycling when I was younger, I wasn't concentrating on two occasions. First time I was trying to fit my cleat into the pedal so I was looking down,went into the back of a car and chipped 4 teeth on the rear windscreen. The other time I wasn't paying much attention left me with a 2 inch scar on my leg, I was shaving my legs at the time....

Dinner with 3 people dead or alive, who and why?

I get to do that with Jo and the girls every day,but the other choice would be George Harrison,Tour de France winner Cadel Evans,and Heston Blumenthal,who'd cook it as well.I'd like to know what was it like being a Beatle in the middle of all that mayhem and play the ukulele with him,talk to Cadel about his training and pick up some tips from Heston as I do all the cooking at home.

What could you not live without?

My family and Bruichladdich, the finest of malt whisky.


Friday is not Friday without a few pairs of pretty Shoeperwoman Heels

Kurt Geiger Green Suede Peeptoes
Pinstripe and spotted pink heels
Pink Strawberry Patch Mary Janes

Dune Helium Colour Block Platforms.  Gorgeous 

Oh Em Gee!  I want these Lime Platforms $55 only!!
Ooooooo Yes Pwetty Pwetty 50 bucks!


5 comments:

W.C.Camp said...

The cycling story made me WINCE- OUCH!!! Nice mini-bio!
I like the Pink pinstripe shoes and the Green Suede ones look very classy! W.C.C.

YeamieWaffles said...

Jack seems awesome, this is a great guest post Lass, I shave my legs too occasionally so I'm not going to laugh at that injury story haha. I love the lime shoes too, awesome shoes photos as always.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Gillian, this is a great post and set of shoes. The green ones are my favorite (not to wear). Voted for your mommy blog BTW
@Jack The Hound of the Baskervilles is a great novel! I don't know how many times I've read it.
- Maurice Mitchell
The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr
@thegeektwins | @mauricem1972

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Reads blogs but isn't a blogger. Guess that does remove some pressure!

Ducky said...

The pinstripe heels are absolutely doing it for me today!

And chipping teeth? YOUCH!!!! It does sort of make me giggle to picture you absently riding into the back of a car. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails