Wednesday, 25 May 2011

KFC Fail

We got take out on Monday night.

My Boerewors decided to treat us to KFC seeing as he got home early from work and we'd both had really busy days (and he knew I was still feeling delicate from the wicked Saturday night Alcohol Chug Fest).

Anyhoo, we were so disappointed with the food.

First Fail
Not only was everything dirt cold by the time My Boerewors drove the 4km from Brackenhurst KFC to home, but the mash and gravy was a disgrace.  There was about 1cm of mash at the bottom of the tub and the rest was filled up with gravy.  It was a runny mess and it was only two thirds filled.  

Second Fail
My Boerewors ordered the KFC Bowl and was given a red plastic spoon which cut his lip from being split AND had someone else's dried ice-cream on it! Dirty Spoon?

Third Fail
You could see my burger had never been warmed up because the cheese was still a perfect square never to be melted by a hot beef patty or anything else hot for that matter.  

The kids sprinkle pops was the only acceptable item from the entire R135.00 order.

I guess someone was having a really bad day at KFC or else they're starting to skimp for bigger profits.

Either which way its a disgrace.

How the mash and gravy SHOULD look according to their website
This is how MY mash and gravy looked - two thirds filled?


This side view shows the minimal 1cm of mash at the bottom topped up with gravy.


Very disappointed.

Don't forget to enter my Caption My Freaky Photo Competition

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you not put al of this on helopeter.com site and then just maybe you will receive a voucher for free. This with the mash also happened to me on two occasions.

Irene

Andrew Green said...

I got myself one of them Famous Bowls the other day, and it was deeeeelicious!

Sorry for your bad experience.

cat said...

Oh we had the same mash issue!

Anonymous said...

I’ve not too long ago began a weblog, the knowledge you provide on this website has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all your time & work.

jacksofbuxton said...

KFC,yuk.

Can't stand any of them really.I know it's supposed to be a bit of a treat.Long day,too tired to cook etc etc but it has all the flavour of a hand full of gravel.

Maybe you should have deep fried it all to see if it got any better...

Brian Miller said...

ugh...yep would not be returning for sure...i am sure you complained eh? get money back>?

Oilfield Trash said...

That right there would piss me off.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@Irene I have already.

@AG My Boerewors said the same thing.

@cat did you complain too?

@Brian you know me so well.

Nom de Plume said...

OH that mash looks AWFUL!

squatlo said...

About six months ago I started craving KFC, thinking it would be like I'd remembered it from those stoner daze gone by... sadly, either my memories were addled or KFC has really gone downhill OR the particular franchise we chose that particular night sucked. The chicken sucked, the beans were cold, and the potatoes (gag...) were a gelatonous mess of starch and goopy gravy.
Never again, no matter how bad the munchies are.

Aaron M. Gipson said...

Wow! Are you sure you didn't order the "Chicken Grease and Potato Soup"?
In the States, they keep the potatoes and gravy in separate containers. Not so here in Costa Rica either, and I hate to say it, but I've had a couple of similar experiences like this...

Angel said...

KFC regularly screws up, or makes us wait "2.5 minutes" for hot and fresh pops!
And I haven't ordered mash-and-gravy for a couple of years because its such a rip off!

Anonymous said...

Very first time commenter on "KFC Fail", this last post
put me over the edge. Kudos for the excellent writing!
my web page :: loads of knowledge on botting in swtor

Anonymous said...

Do not forget that Age of Conan released about half-finished along with a calendar year soon after kick off there was
still some principal problems with significant elements from the game.
. . TSW appears intriguing but I just will not ever before buy another game
from Funcom.. . Consumer beware.
Feel free to surf my webpage ... info on The Secret World Hacks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails