Tuesday, 10 May 2011

2011 Eistedfodd Poetry Reading - I'm Down in the Dumps

My 8 year old Megan has been selected to read a poem in the 2011 Eistedfodd. We've been learning the poem over the last week and during this time, Kaylin my 5 year old has learned the entire poem too. 

Wish Megan Luck!


video



I'm down in the dumps
Because I've got mumps
I hope it goes soon
Its like a balloon
It hurts when I yawn
And it hurts when I chew
and sometimes I wish that they'd
change me for new

I can't go to school
Coz my cheeks are so fat
I look like a hamster
I giggle at THAT
I pull funny faces
to help pass the time
I laid down and thought
Then I made up this rhyme
video


6 comments:

settoncrew said...

Too bloody cute that is!

Brian Miller said...

woohoo...way to go little one...you will do great!

Dazee Dreamer said...

Ok, no fair. They are so freaking cute. Good job, both of them.

cat said...

Best of luck Megan!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@SettonCrew I think so too but I may be a wee bit biased.

@Dazee @Brian @cat thanx

Lesley said...

This is the best thing that I've ever seen in my life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails