Thursday, 13 October 2011

A Big Ass Fro, A Wiggle and A Blogtoberfest

Yes, its that time of year again.  Time to think about others that are less fortunate during the festive period.  

Last year, my girls and packed our shoe boxes together.  We went shopping for contents, carefully chosing gifts that were age appropriate (as you get the name and age of the child you are giving to). We neatly placed all the items inside, wrote little cards for each child and wrapped the boxes with beautiful colourfuul Christmas paper and lots of love.   


I took the opportunity to teach the girls about giving to those less fortunate.  It gave us a chance to talk about orphans, to talk about appreciation, to talk about the joy of giving.

This year is no different.  

Santa's Shoebox Project originated in Cape Town in 2006 and since then, the project has grown in leaps and bounds.  Tthe number of Santa Shoeboxes has grown from a humble 180 boxes in 2006 to 32000 boxes last year.

Join me in helping them reach their target of 70 000 boxes this year!  Go sign up and pledge today.




If you Yanks can't sign up for Santa's Shoebox Project, because you're half way across the globe, sign up for Friday's Pay It Forward Blogfest. Just go do it, Plonkity Plonkers.

It's gonna rock yer face off!

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Yeah


13 comments:

Cyn said...

wow -- sounds like an amazing cause!

i will be paying it forward!

also -- sent you the triberr request & it is in your direct messages on twitter. and how is it that we were not following one another on twitter? heh!

thanks doll!

Joshua said...

That little animated picture didn't so much rock my face off as it did cause me to gouge my eyes out.

Pat Hatt said...

hahaha that wiggle wiggle thing I just not need to see, oh my eyes..hahaha

A Beer for the Shower said...

What a great cause! Now instead of shoes, can you donate me some new eyes? Mine are currently malfunctioning thanks to that gif.

Brian Miller said...

nice...sounds like a great cause...we do shoe boxes as well

Copyboy said...

Sadly I fall into the halfway around the globe thing. I'll check out your friday thingy though.

Slyde said...

Hey, you sexy thing!

I got my package yesterday!

Seriously, you rock. Thank you very much for the kindness!

:)-

Lesley said...

Awesome! I'm clicking at checking out that pay it forward link.

Beau's Mom said...

Our church always rounded up the shoeboxes and sent them away - somewhere. Never did know if they made it or got set aside by greedy politics in whichever country the church had chosen that year.

So I did something on my own and contacted a woman who serves as THE ONLY medical contact for most of Appalachia.

I got my truck, and several others, LOADED - got it where it was intended to go and got it distributed. You can be amazed at the things only ONE person can do!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@Cyn @Lesley thanx for signing up for Blogfest. You rock my face off!

@Joshua @PatHatt @ABFTS oh rot, you gotta love LMFAO. They're daft as a brush!

@Copyboy Oh Yeah THATS what i'm talkin' aboot.

@Slyde don't forget the photo for ma wee bloggy.

@Beau's Mom its best you go with an legit organization.

Bobby said...

Going shopping for mine this weekend, can't wait!

The Glebe Blog said...

That's a great cause.
I guess it's similar to Samaritan's Purse which is big thing here in South West Scotland at this time of year.All the local primary schools get involved and the kids aren't shy in giving up toys and pocket money to help those less fortunate.

Babes Mami said...

Fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails