Friday, 21 October 2011

A Shoegasm and Friday Follower #14

Hey! Hey! It's Friday, which means its time to feature another one of my brilliant and talented followers.  This week our Friday Follower is fiesty Katie.

 


When Gillian asked me to guest post for her I was super stoked…but I kept thinking, what the heck do I write about? I write over at KatieTalksCarolina.com and have been blogging there for almost a year..prior to that I blogged at A Shoppers Quest for two years…I am not a newbie to blogging, but I sure can’t figure out what I really want to do as far as my blog goes. Right now I do a lot of blogging about North Carolina, although I leave out the redneck parts..you know..cause I live here.

Being born and raised in California, moving to North Carolina was a serious culture shock…I have lived here for almost 10 years, and quite frankly still am getting used to it. Maybe there is no getting used to seeing people on the news with no teeth, talking about how “My darlin’ baby mama ran away wit’ my cousn’ when we was playin’ corn hole and dranking a few beers.” Nope…just can’t get used to it.

I also tend to write a lot of sappy stuff when it comes to my mom. She has Stage 4 lung cancer with mets to her liver, and my God, I am pissed off and scared about that. Without letting all my rage and sadness show through, I do write about it occasionally because I am PISSED.

Do you get that I have a little temper? I do…but for the most part, I keep it on the down low on my blog, because no one wants to listen to someone bitch and complain every day. So I put on a smile and get the job done…unless of course we are talking about my soccer team.

Oh yea..I play soccer…I think it’s a pretty good way to let off some steam. Especially when we play the “No Name Team” And no, they can’t even think of a real name for their team…pffft..and you call yourselves soccer players…HA!

Apparently, they forgot to read the memo that we are not in the Olympics. When we win…we get….NOTHING. It’s like playing a bunch of women thugs in shorts. You want to see a chick fight? Come on down and watch us play, they never, ever leave the field without trying to fight someone. Or worse, start complaining when they are losing. Yea…go cry to the 15 year old ref about it…he cares…not.

And oh yea..it’s Friday…and guess who we are playing? 


Now, DO NOT click the close button just yet until you've checked out my Budgie Price heels - Cheap! Cheap! This week all droolicious shoes are from Endless.com

Steve Madden Women's Pammyy Wedge Pump $99

Betsey Johnson Women's Dita Platform Pump $89.99

Badgley Mischka Women's Randee T-Strap Sandal $75

Michael Antonio Women's Linney Pump $36.99

Wild Rose Women's Kobe37A Open-toe Pump $25.00


Not Rated Women's Frilled Platform Pump $26.99

Be sure to have a FANDABIDOZIE weekend, Plonkers and don't forget to enter Caption My Photo Competition (if you haven't already).

Peace Out.

15 comments:

yogurt said...

I went to a college in eastern NC my freshman year. Jersey girl culture shock. College girls who were not allowed to stay on campus weekends, who went home and picked out their china patterns and silver patterns and every day dish patterns even though they didn't have a boyfriend. Nutty. I closed my dorm door and blasted my Springsteen albums.

W.C.Camp said...

WOW cool a crazy soccer match among tough and buff girls!!! Too bad I'm not closer but I'm sure you'll do great. As for the shoes, I like the colorful wedge best but that ocean blue number for the price seems dandy too! W.C.C.

Melanie said...

LOVE the shoes and will check out Katie's blog! Thanks=)

LynnRush said...

These shoes are awesome. I couldn't wear them because I'd break my neck trying to walk in them, but they still are fantastic looking. :)

Slamdunk said...

Fun post Katie--thanks Gillian.

I can see where an adult soccer league would be a great way to vent frustration.

jenette or more commonly known as "j" said...

jenette.reitsma@gmail.com - send me mail so I can forward you my post addy :) Gracias! :) Happy Friday!

Rooikat :)

Lisa - Between the Kids said...

You know, you totally could have written about how you kicked ASSSSS at the zip line!!

<3 ya katie lou!!!! :)

That Bald Chick said...

Those shoes are super cute.

Not So Average Mama said...

I didn't know you played soccer! How cool!!!!!! Yer awesome!

Introducing Mr. Cool said...

You're blogging buddy's feature is super good! Love the way you have everything laid out for her and pics too. Good job. Also, I had no idea women's shoes cost so darn much! I mean DAM! LOL Now if I may ask a favor, please stop by & check out my 2 CD give-away and help me with the statistics to bring to one of the top agents in LA. I’m bring him all my blog information on how I advertise, all the CD’s that I have cut with Lone Star & pictures. Thanks & pass the word.

The Accidental Somebody said...

I like the fabric shoe it looks so cool!

Anne R. Allen said...

LOVE the shoes! My new publisher is putting shoes on my next two covers and I love them!

I totally relate to a Californian trying to fit into life on the other coast. I came originally from New England, but moved to CA and completely assimilated. Now when I go back, people ask me why I'm smiling so much. Life is serious back there!

LeeAnn said...

I think I would rather be in NC than CA. LOL I can handle the rednecks easier than the Barbies. (Only because I'm jealous that I don't look like them. LOL)

I hope you won your soccer game! :-)

Draven Ames said...

Those are some crazy players on your team. I'll stay away from them.

Showed my wife the shoes and she really liked the 75$ pair. Thanks for killing my budget this month. I could see my wife doing a Friday purse thing, since she loved purses nearly as much as shoes.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@yoghut I'm assuming it was the 80s!

@WCC go shopping for your other half.

@Lynn Rush actually its easier to walk in a platform heel - and it gives me a few much needed height inches - added bonus!

@J have emailed you

@Draven You'll be making yer wife VERY happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails