Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Happy 4th Blogversary To Me!

Everyone sing it!  

"Happy Blogversary to yooooo"....

Yeah, it's been a wild 4-year ride on this my wee bloggy.

Starting initially it was named; "A Peek Into Our Lives" and was a glorified photo album for relatives overseas and later it evolved into "A Daft Scots Lass" getting all rauncy, saucy and sexed-up and then cleaning it all up again.

A Daft Scots Lass has grown to over 500 fucking awesome followers, over 1900 posts and on average about 500 hits a day.  I have met some brilliant and unique people here in Bloggerville and some of them have become friends I turn to for advice. 

I read nearly 200 blogs on regular basis and I try to keep up to date on my comments on all of them. I follow so many different types of people - writers, strippers, psychics, stay at home mums, grandads, crafters, poets, closet gays, family, photographers, blog hoppers, swingers, geeks, vocie artists, cartoonists, proudly gay, whack-a-doodles, fashion junkies, musicians, radio presenters, ghost hunters, potheads of all colours and from all different countries.  

I'm a Scot in South Africa, but did you know that most of my following are Yanks?  Weird but true. Who knows why... 
 
My blogging taken many twists and turns over the 4 years but I still love it!  It's something that allows me to express myself without claiming to be a writer, its my place where I write whats in my head, just as it comes out.  I don't put too much thought into it. 

I blog like I speak. My posts will often be full of spelling mistakes and I know that bugs the shite outta you writers but that's just me.  I have never claimed to be anything other than a blogger - not a writer.


Thanx to all of you for reading my drivel, commenting and following.  

You Plonkers rock my fucking face off!

To celebrate the occasion, I'm giving away some Daft Scots Lass Tattoos to the Plonkers that are brave enough to wear my ink and take a photo doing so. 

Challenge is on like Donkey Kong!




I got a new stick deodorant today.
The instructions said: Remove cap and push up bottom.  
    I can barely walk, but whenever I fart the room smells lovely.

34 comments:

vanyelmoon said...

Happy Anniversary!!! So glad you stuck it out. You give me the giggles everyday you write. :)

Dazee Dreamer said...

oh you already know I'm a brave one. Haven't seen anymore with your tattoo on their boob. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of blogger I am on your list. :)

Bouncin' Barb said...

Congratulations on 4 years. That's amazing. I am fairly new to your blog but it's fun and you never know what the topic is going to be! That's what I like.

Cyn said...

happy freakin' blogversary!

Joker_SATX said...

Congrats and happy Bloggaversary!

Slamdunk said...

Wow, happy 4th!

You do a wonderful job keeping the content interesting here and commenting at all the other blogs--that is definitely no easy task.

Brian Miller said...

woohoo....nicely done on 4 years...and may you have many more!

Lost.in.Idaho said...

Happy Anni!

And in regard to the tattoo, I ALMOST turned one of them into a cock-shot, just to see if you'd post it.

Maybe one on my bum? Not many ladies can say they've been on my ass before...

David L Macaulay said...

wow - you have been going for a while haven't you?

Melanie said...

YAAAAAAAAAAY! You just keep getting awesomer too!

D4 said...

Happy blogversary! The fourth year is special you know. Just because I like 4. That's reason enough.

jenette or more commonly known as "j" said...

Happy blogversary!! In the words of Barney Stinson - SUIT UP! And that you have :) You'd make a good wing woman!! Glad to have found ya on hte blogosphere! Have a super day!!

Nat said...

Hey... congrats on 4 years of awesome blogging!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@jenette Thanx, J

@D4 agreed!

@Melanie och stop it. You're gonna make my head swell to match my arse!

@David I'm an old auntie as this shite.

@Lost In Idaho I dare ye!

@Brian God it makes me sound old. Fuck, I am old!

@Slamdunk I talk the biggest load of shit and I'm still going...

@Cyn @Joker @BouncinBarb @vanyelmoon Ta very muckle!

@Dazee You're the special kind, sweetie.

Leah said...

Happy anniversary ya fab chick! Life's not the same for me unless there's a DSL posting on my list each day.

I want to thank you so much for bringing light and laughter into my world. Keep up the shizzle!

The Glebe Blog said...

Sorry I'm late, but you know how unreliable the mail boat is in this part of Scotland.
Happy anniversary,may your blog reach new heights (and lows probably)and reign supreme.
Love the deodorant,nearly pissed masel.

Mynx said...

Happy anniversary and so very glad I found you. At least you have one Aussie in a sea of yanks who adore you.

Mark said...

Congratulations on four years! How wonderful! You're a total hoot and the masses love you. True, sometimes I have to wash out my eyes and brain after reading a post of yours but still, I keep coming back. All us Yanks do!
Keep up the good work.
Your Friend, m.

nitebyrd said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY! This Yank loves the hell outta ya!

G-Man said...

Jildo...
You Fucking Rock Baby!!
You look GREAT in a suit and tie..

LynnRush said...

Happy blogversary!!!! I'm new to your blog (and a Yank!) but I'm sure I'll be back. You're super fun.

Enjoy the blogversary!!! :)

Stephanie D said...

Happy 4 years!

Tiny Goes Retail said...

HAPPY HAPPY lass i hope u have plenty more with ur lakka site and u look pimped in that suit lol

farawayeyes said...

Happy Anniversary! Just stopping by from Blogfest. OK, I'm a blond, a little slow some days. Love the tats. Gonna have tow in me one.

Choleesa said...

I love your blog!! I love that you speak your mind, and talk exactly like you would in person.....
Happy Bloggerversary!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. I think I'd look pretty fucking hot in your ink....just sayin.
Oh, and I didnt know you were in So. Africa!!! I feel like a friggin world traveler!

yogurt said...

Happy Times Four! Woo Hoo Yoo!

Niki said...

Happy Blogaversary!! Congratulations on 4 years. I wonder what category you'd put me in. :-D

Babes Mami said...

Happy Four Years to You!

Sausage Fingers said...

Happy blogversary!!!!! looking forward to another 4 years of your good stuff...

cat said...

Happy happy to you!

Akelamalu said...

Happy Blogversary x

JoeinVegas said...

We follow you because you're a redhead. Why else?

Thank_Q said...

Congrats on the 4 years and much continued success!

Crazeebee747 said...

Happy Anniversary!

I am very happy to have found your blog. It is a treat to read ;)

keep speaking from the heart. Magic happens and your blog is proof of that.

Rock on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails