Thursday, 10 May 2012

And I shall shed my light over dark evil, for the dark things cannot stand the light…


 My 40th Birthday is next month and the invitations went out today.  All you Plonkers are invited (if you can afford the plane ticket and accommodation)

It's a Super Heroes Theme and its a dress up party.  WhoooooHoooooo!

Now, all you Plonkers who have read my blog for longer than fives minutes, will know I fucking LOVE dress up parties.  I go all out and think big.  I detail everything from hair, make-up, nails, accessories, props, outfit and of course, the perfect matching shoes.


Super Hero Invitation

I'm not going to spoil it for you and tell you who I'm going as (you'll have to wait until next month to see that) but I will share some of the details of the party.

I've found the most brilliant venue with a massive bar down the entire side of the hall.  Perfect for a winter party and to get well-oiled.  It's got lots of space for dancing (the most important thing about one of my parties).  I've planned some great winter food and a Super Hero Potion with a kick like a mule for my Heros to glug down. 

I'm hoping to hire a juke-box with all my favourite dance toonz. I'm also rather keen on have a photo booth corner with a cool Gotham City backdrop complete with props, where all the Heros and Villians can go and get their photo taken.  Or a make-shift red telephone booth but I haven't decided yet.  Also, I'm not sure how I would make a telephone booth.

I do need some help and fresh ideas from you Plonkers.  What will really make the party pop?  Got any wicked suggestions for me?
  

Remember to come back and visit tomorrow for my very special Celebrity Featured Friday Follower.



16 comments:

Jay Paoloni said...

You might put on some soundtracks from superhero movies. I love the soundtrack used in the first two Batman movies (the Tim Burton ones).
Were I invited, I'd be Bruce Wayne.

Jay Paoloni said...

And it seems my next post (Thursday or Friday, and not on Wednesday as usual for this week) is going to have a thing or two in common with yours...

Jeremy Bates said...

That's a fun idea for a birthday party to share with friends. Maybe you can give out invitations and instead of an RSVP, they can either choose "coming as a superhero" or "coming as a super villain"
Advance Happy Birthday.

jenette or more commonly known as "j" said...

Ah! GREAT theme! Sure it'll be a blast!

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Hi there - just popped in to see what u up to - busy busy busy....

Salagatle!

Stephen Tremp said...

Happy Birthday! I was a Marvel superhero kinda guy as a kid and Spiderman was my favorite. And he had two girlfriends, Gwen Stacey and Mary Jane Watson. For better or worse.

Mike Smith said...

Surely you're nowhere near 40, wee lassie? Jings...

JaneF said...

Oh man, I would SO love to go to one of your parties. They always look like the BEST fun eva!

PS my boys saw your latest vlog last night and thought you (and K) are hilarious! At the end they both said 'What's a plonker?' LOL

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Forty? You're still young!
What makes a party pop? You mean, besides alcohol?

YeamieWaffles said...

I've always wanted to have a superhero party Lass so I'm seriously jealous haha. Happy 40th when it sings around Lass, I'm with Mike too, I'm pretty surprised you're 40!

Copyboy said...

Happy pre-birthday. I'll be there in the Red Tornado outfit.

Bobby said...

I like dress up parties too but I'm all alone. None of my friends do (boooo!) Sounds like your 40th is going to be rocking!

AimeeKay said...

Happy early birthday!

You're party sounds like it is going to be awesome! I can't think of a way to make it any better after what you described. Wish I could have birthday parties like yours!

Joshua said...

I'll ruin it: She's going to be the Rule 63 Flash. Just saying.

(oYo)

;o)

Lorie Shewbridge said...

I would LOVE to be able to come to your 40th birthday party. You sound like you would throw a FANTABULISTIC party!

cat said...

Enjoy your party! You are a super hero girl. Would have love tomcome but will e enjoyng the South coast at the time

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails