Sunday, 20 May 2012

I met a Brilliant Blogger

Two weeks ago, I found out that one of my favourite Ginger Ninja bloggers was coming to South Africa. What are the frikken odds, right? I couldn't let the opportunity go by, so I emailed her.  I asked her if, by any chance, she was coming to Johannesburg.  She was. Yipeeee!

I gave her my mobile number and told her to phone me when she was in town and we could make a date to get together for lunch or coffee or something.

I got the phone call on Thursday to say she was in town and we made a date to meet for coffee on Friday afternoon.  I was soopa stoked.

Not only was it GREAT to meet a fellow blogger, but it was brilliant to meet Jenette, Rooikat Back in France.  She's as bloody nuts as I am.  I of course I mean that in a good way.

J is a bundle of energy and, from the moment I met her face-to-face, I knew she had interesting stories to tell.  She sure did and made me feel like an old fart.  I told her that my life seemed so dull and boring compared to her colourful and jetset lifestyle. 

Jenette loves to travel, speaks French, is a Couch Surfer, which makes her life very exotic and exciting.  Oh, I know I didn't know what couch surfing was either.  Chatting to her, I felt like her wrinkled elderly aunty but she is bubbly and energetic and it was hard not to get as excited about life as she is.  She talks as much as I do and I love her animated nature.

One HUGE regret I have, I forgot to take pictures of us together.  I'm such a dittery old Fucker!

Now go and read her post about our meeting.

Thanx again for meeting with me, J.

Now go and follow her wee blog.

4 comments:

janie said...

hey-up thur sis.....i'VE BEEN DROPPING BY YOUR BLOG A LOT MORE RECENTLY ! i like it soo much......glad u got face-to-face contact with another blognut....doesnt she just look like a right mix 'tween u & me in the pic?!!! You have me frickin' baffled bout the dress-up for ur party...off to the costumers next weekend ! hope the plus-size section isnt minus size !! LOVE LOVE LOVE from Janie xxxxx

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's so cool you got to meet her!

YeamieWaffles said...

It's so cool that you and Janine got the chance to meet and actually had a great time together, it's a seriously awesome coincidence too that she happened to be going by where you live in SA.

My Inner Chick said...

How COOL to meet one of your fave. bloggers.

And she sounds exsactly like what you expected, too....

I've met a couple of mine, as well, and it's quite surreal.

I'll go check out her blog now... xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails