Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Santas Shoebox Project Delivery

I took part in the Santa's Shoebox Project again this year and this weekend was time to drop off the boxes at the demarcated locations and venue.  I had to deliver mine to the Turffontein Race Course. 


I'd only ever seen this dingey building from the outside so much to my delight I got to see it from the inside.  It's HUGE!  The race course grounds are lovely, the stables are enormous and they have an entire conference facility.  The actually race course building is 5 stories high and massive inside.  Full of booths and function rooms and catering and private rooms.


I was suitably impressed.




My car boot full of shoeboxes


Santa's Shoebox Project Helpers


Santa's Shoebox Project Receiving


Turffontein Race Course - the delivery venue






Santa's Shoebox Project Helpers


Some of the Santa's Shoeboxes ready for packing

3 comments:

Bobby said...

Yay! I loved going into the drop off. Really feels like Santa's Workshop with all the wrapping and people.

laughingmom said...

That is very cool - hard to be in the Christmas Spirit this early in the year, tho.

cat said...

SUh a great project - next year I am going to register earlier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails