Monday, 28 November 2011

Winter Wonderland

Hubby had his Year End Function on Saturday night and what an event it was! Over 3100 people from EOH gathered together to party in a Winter Wonderland.

I had done the Sisters With Blister 8km Walk that morning (in 5½ inch wedges) so my feet were killing me. I wore my slippers until we got to the parking lot of the venue.  I wanted to cry when I put my shoes on my feet were so swollen and tender!

The Party Goers

We arrived at 6:30 for Pre-Dinner Cocktails and were met my a massive hall with four podiums and on each on of them was a performing artist of sorts.  It took me about 20 minutes to realise this person was actually a young lad with an invisible penis and marble-sized scrotum!  

The others were fire blowers and ribbon twirlers and contortionists. At each corner of the hall they had set up mini photo stations where professional photographers had various Winter Wonderland scenes set up with snow machines, smoke machines. Very posh indeed.



The Pre-Dinner Entertainment

The Great Hall of over 300 tables of 12

The Stage and SA Idol runner up

The Food - Starters

The Tables

Winter Wonderland Decor

The food was terrific the company was boring and stiff but I was very proud of myself - I didn't say Fuck once the entire night.  I was on my best behaviour.  The entertainment was brilliant!  Our MC was comedian Loyiso Gota and the South African Idols Top 3.

After dessert the nightclub and dancing was opened up and everyone parties until the wee hours.



16 comments:

Leah said...

DSL, I'm so proud of you too, firstly for doing the 8k walk in those killer wedges, and secondly for not saying fuck all evening. THAT, my dear girl takes some achieving!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Looks like quite an event! Yeah, I probably would've been bored as well. Not much for the highbrow social events.
And sorry about your feet...

Cyn said...

okay first off -- you look fuckin' stunning! truly!

secondly that looks like one hell of a party -- love the winter wonderland decorations!

glad ya had fun & sounds like your stiff table needed a few f bombs to lighten the mood :)

Nat said...

Looks like a jolly do :-) Congrats on not saying F*ck! Any other clangers?

Joshua said...

Not even when you put your shoes on in the car?

Slamdunk said...

Whoa that is quite a shin-dig. I hope your feet feel better.

Akelamalu said...

Sounds like a great 'do'! Did you dance without your shoes? ;)

Lesley said...

My hubby and I cracked up when you said that you didn't say Fuck once the whole night! That's how we know when we've been good.
Last week at the homeschool mom's meeting I said cock at one point. Actually, I said little cock. Whatever.

Ducky said...

You look FABULOUS! How did you dance on those feet?? Poor tootsies!! What amazing decor...so sorry the company was so boring and you had to exercise such amazing self control!

The Glebe Blog said...

Shame you had to behave,were there no 'Freak Geeks' at your table?
The pre-dinner entertainment looks like one of your 'Caption My Photo' competitions.
Loyiso Gola sounds fun.

jenette or more commonly known as "j" said...

Stunning Pics! We're due for real snow here any day now! Fekkin' cold!!! Working on a Friday Follower piece! Coming sooon!

jenette or more commonly known as "j" said...

MERDE! Putain, I'm trying to comment and it keeps cutting me off! WTF! Sorry for the spam! Nice pics! FF on the way soon :)

Choleesa said...

WOW!!!
Looks awesome!!

Monkey Man said...

What an awesome party.

Bouncin' Barb said...

Looks like a great event. Having been married for 23 years to a chef and also working the business, I give kudos to the kitchen and wait staff! That's a big party to pull off! Love your picture!

Lovely Light said...

That sounds like a nice dinner. Your poor feet- did you the walk in high heels?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails