Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Joburg In a Snow Globe


There was a great buzz in Joburg yesterday when temperatuaes plumeted to below zero and sleet started to fall from the grey skies.  This hasn't happened in Joburg in about six years.  So, we all rushed outside to take photos and sleet soon became big fat fuzzy snowflakes.  It was so beautiful I just couldn't help going outside to stand in it and try and catch the snowflakes in my mouth.

Our entire office block was outside playing in the snow taking movies and photos and making snow angels.  Not much work got done as everytime the snow fell, we were outside trying scoop enought up to make snow balls and dancing around like schoolgirls.  

An awesome day.  





















9 comments:

Matt Conlon said...

I take it that's unusual?

Destiny said...

That looks like so much fun! But I'm not looking forward to that shit when season comes around

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I envy your snow! We are hot and humid here and I can't wait until winter.

middle child said...

I am so jealous that I just punched the monitor!!!!!!!!

I have to say that picture of you by yourself with snow in your gorgeous red hair.....beautiful!

JanM ♥ said...

Snooooow :) I'm so jealous! It's sooooo HOT here in LA!

xo,
janmiguel.blogspot.com

YeamieWaffles said...

I love your photo with the snow falling down over you Lass, all these photos are awesome though weird to look at because over here it's Summer, I know that people from America will definitely view this huge amount of snow in August crazy for sure!

YeamieWaffles said...

I love your photo with the snow falling down over you Lass, all these photos are awesome though weird to look at because over here it's Summer, I know that people from America will definitely view this huge amount of snow in August crazy for sure!

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Was so much fun! And cause it's so unusual, we really enjoy it!
Salagatle!

Matt Harvath said...

Cool! With all the extreme heat we have had here, that looks like heaven! I love winter

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails