Thursday, 23 August 2012

Flock Off!


Do yerself a favour and go a watch a couple of episodes of Shaun The Sheep
Its so damn fucking cute and quite funny.

A premise of the series is that Shaun the sheep exhibits human intelligence, creativity, and behaviour in a farm setting, which usually provides a situational comedy conflict which Shaun must resolve before the end of each episode. 

Recurring themes include the characters evading the sheepdog Bitzer (though he is sometimes with the sheep in their escapades) and avoiding discovery by "The Farmer" who listens to techno-dance music in his van.

Episodes are very much a combination of slapstick and classic silent comedy in Aardman’s recognizable animation style. There is no spoken dialogue, even by human characters. In this way it is reminiscent of silent comedy films and even Pingu and the animated version of Mr. Bean. However, simple grunts, bleats, and sighs are all used to add subtle expression to each character's moods and feelings.

Brilliant!  I'm lovin it.



16 comments:

YeamieWaffles said...

I have to admit that when I see the show on I do like the look of it, good choice Lass, the animators of this thing can't seem to do anything wrong really, I adore Wallace and Gromit so much.

The Glebe Blog said...

Brings to mind a million Welsh Sheep Shaggin' jokes we used to tell in the barracks at Sennybridge.

Owen and Taff coming out of a pub spotted a sheep with its head stuck in the railings.
"Look at that Taff, we cant miss a chance like that" says Owen
Owen quickly unzips, gets stuck in and does the business.
After finishing he turns to Taff and says "Your turn now Taff"
Taff drops his trousers and sticks his head in the railings......

or "Why do Welsh sheep farmers like to screw sheep on the edge of cliffs? Because they push back so nicely"

The Glebe Blog said...

By the way, thanks for featuring my blog.
Yer a bonny wee lassie wi a hert o' gold.


Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I have watched Shaun the Sheep! And all of the Wallace and Gromit movies.

Leah said...

I love Shaun The Sheep. I have the whole box-set!

Mark said...

My kids watch this but I've never seen one episode. Maybe I'll give it a try!
m.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

It's nice to know there are a few good kids' shows out there, for us grown-ups to enjoy.

Be well.
xoRobyn

Bersercules said...

Sounds like a good show! I'll have to check it out!!

Nolens Volens said...

I own every Wallace & Grommit shorts and the movie. Never got around to Shaun, let alone watch any episode.

JoeinVegas said...

Yup, Wallace & Grommit lover here too. Now to move on to Shaun.

J.Day said...

I've seen random Shaun the Sheep episodes and always loved them. They are crack-ups.

I laughed so hard over that little video, I had tears. Thanks for making my day! lol

Mo said...

You might like this one too:
http://greenupgrader.com/2492/telephone-sheep-exhibit-by-artist-jean-luc-cornec/

Althea said...

I love Shaun the Sheep, Timmy's just adorable! <3 x

Indigo Roth said...

Hey Lass! Yep, Aardman rocks. Dammit, now I have to watch A GRAND DAY OUT again before bed! Gagh! Roth x

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@Glebe thanx for the giggle

@Waffles I also love W&G

@Mark you'll love it

@J.Day My pleasure but all the credit must go to wee Shaun.

@Althea Timmy is adorable.

Matt Harvath said...

HILARIOUS!!!! I am a fan. Showed it to a couple of people at work and they love it too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails