Thursday, 2 August 2012

Conversations with Kaylin

Kaylin, my 6 year old, announced today on the way back from school, that she is going to get married.



Kaylin: I'm going to get married.


Me: Oh really? To who?


Kaylin: Lehye


Me: Is he handsome?


Kaylin: Oh yes.


Me: What colour hair does he have?


Kaylin: Black, he doesn't have much hair.


Me: Is he baldy?


Kaylin: No, but it feels like grass.


Me not wanting to giggle.


Me: Are you going to ask him to marry you?


Kaylin: Yes.


Me: Then you're going to need a ring.


Kaylin: Yes, I'm going to ask him in the bathroom so teacher won't see.


Me: Then you're going to have to move into his house and get a job.


Kaylin: Yes... then we're going to french kiss.


Ah 6 year olds....

Speaking of those little people, we had to create a science proejct for Kaylin's Grade R class and we chose Rainbow in a Jar

First, we gathered all our ingredients:  Honey, Dishwashing Liquid, Water, Oil and Alcohol. 

We mixed some of the liquids with food colouring and layered the liquids to make a pretty rainbow.

Kaylin puting in the honey

Our ingredients

Rainbow in a Jar

Kaylin with her Science Project

 


Remember if you haven't Captioned my Photo already this week, go have a crack at it.

14 comments:

J.Day said...

If only dating and getting married were that simple. lol

middle child said...

Rainbow in a jar? This is honestly a beautiful thing!!!!!
Now. About the french kissing.....

Sandra said...

Rainbow in a jar: terrific idea! Now you gotta talk the girl outta french kissing. She can get herpes doing that!...actually I'm not even sure that's true, I heard it in the movie Magic Mike so it might not be a credible source. She's too pretty to get married right away anyway. We want her to make a man grovel, not have her asking some dude for his hand in marriage in the loo.

Destiny said...

Best 6 year old convo ever! And that's a cool project! Reminds how much I'm lacking in the mama department. Lol

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Black, short hair - feels like grass..... Find another school - quickly! Reminds me of my kids when they were in nursery school:- "Mom, I made a new friend today". Oh, whats his name? "It's Tshepo dad!" Oh, OK... Is he a white kid or a black kid? Huh, I don't know dad, didn't ask!...

Salagatle!

YeamieWaffles said...

I had to love that conversation with Kaylin Lass, the things that six year olds think is hilarious, I really wish I could get back to having that kind of mindset, so cute.

That Science project is going to win everything by the way unless another kid's invented the cure for a terminal illness or something, it's turned out perfect, I want to make one now!

Mark said...

Ah, to French Kiss! It's the only reason I got married too!
m.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

French kiss? I didn't even know what that meant at that age.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@JDay don't I know it.

@middle child Don't worry, I'm concerned about this too.

@Alex you and me both...however my 6 year old is obsessed with it.

@Mark Good Man! No kissing and telling, okay?

@Waffles As long as she doesn't shake the jar on the way to school

@Destiny you're a great mum, Hooka!

@Sandra you have a point, gurl!

JoeinVegas said...

Lovely rainbow

Slyde said...

wow, i cant even MENTION a girl to my son. He gets all red-faced and embarrased and yells at me to "STOP IT!"

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

That's so cool. In my country, if I were to want to get married, I could only do so in six states. In the others, it would not be recognized. Just look at all the people that crowded Chick-Fil-A yesterday. It made national news.

Erika said...

Could you provide instructions for the Rainbow in a Jar? Looks fun!

AimeeKay said...

That rainbow jar is AWESOME!

Would definitely love instructions on how to make one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails