Kaylin: I'm going to get married.
Me: Oh really? To who?
Kaylin: Lehye
Me: Is he handsome?
Kaylin: Oh yes.
Me: What colour hair does he have?
Kaylin: Black, he doesn't have much hair.
Me: Is he baldy?
Kaylin: No, but it feels like grass.
Me not wanting to giggle.
Me: Are you going to ask him to marry you?
Kaylin: Yes.
Me: Then you're going to need a ring.
Kaylin: Yes, I'm going to ask him in the bathroom so teacher won't see.
Me: Then you're going to have to move into his house and get a job.
Kaylin: Yes... then we're going to french kiss.
Ah 6 year olds....
Speaking of those little people, we had to create a science proejct for Kaylin's Grade R class and we chose Rainbow in a Jar.
First, we gathered all our ingredients: Honey, Dishwashing Liquid, Water, Oil and Alcohol.
We mixed some of the liquids with food colouring and layered the liquids to make a pretty rainbow.
![]() |
| Kaylin puting in the honey |
| Our ingredients |
![]() |
| Rainbow in a Jar |
![]() |
| Kaylin with her Science Project |
Remember if you haven't Captioned my Photo already this week, go have a crack at it.



14 comments:
If only dating and getting married were that simple. lol
Rainbow in a jar? This is honestly a beautiful thing!!!!!
Now. About the french kissing.....
Rainbow in a jar: terrific idea! Now you gotta talk the girl outta french kissing. She can get herpes doing that!...actually I'm not even sure that's true, I heard it in the movie Magic Mike so it might not be a credible source. She's too pretty to get married right away anyway. We want her to make a man grovel, not have her asking some dude for his hand in marriage in the loo.
Best 6 year old convo ever! And that's a cool project! Reminds how much I'm lacking in the mama department. Lol
Black, short hair - feels like grass..... Find another school - quickly! Reminds me of my kids when they were in nursery school:- "Mom, I made a new friend today". Oh, whats his name? "It's Tshepo dad!" Oh, OK... Is he a white kid or a black kid? Huh, I don't know dad, didn't ask!...
Salagatle!
I had to love that conversation with Kaylin Lass, the things that six year olds think is hilarious, I really wish I could get back to having that kind of mindset, so cute.
That Science project is going to win everything by the way unless another kid's invented the cure for a terminal illness or something, it's turned out perfect, I want to make one now!
Ah, to French Kiss! It's the only reason I got married too!
m.
French kiss? I didn't even know what that meant at that age.
@JDay don't I know it.
@middle child Don't worry, I'm concerned about this too.
@Alex you and me both...however my 6 year old is obsessed with it.
@Mark Good Man! No kissing and telling, okay?
@Waffles As long as she doesn't shake the jar on the way to school
@Destiny you're a great mum, Hooka!
@Sandra you have a point, gurl!
Lovely rainbow
wow, i cant even MENTION a girl to my son. He gets all red-faced and embarrased and yells at me to "STOP IT!"
That's so cool. In my country, if I were to want to get married, I could only do so in six states. In the others, it would not be recognized. Just look at all the people that crowded Chick-Fil-A yesterday. It made national news.
Could you provide instructions for the Rainbow in a Jar? Looks fun!
That rainbow jar is AWESOME!
Would definitely love instructions on how to make one!
Post a Comment