Sunday, 14 April 2013

Friendship

Some friendships come and go but the ones that stand the test of time and triumph the bad times are the ones you’ll have forever. Actually these are the friendships you want forever.

My bestie deserves a blog post all to herself. 

She is smart and beautiful and my voice of reason. She is fun and adventurous but couldn’t be more different for me. She is a dreamer. I am a realist. She hates conflict and I could pick a fight with a fish. She is sensitive and kind. I am sarcastic and fickle. She likes solitude. I like a crowd. But we have much in common too. We are both fiercy independent women who put family first. We can talk for ours about nothing.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I know I get on her nervous sometimes. But she’s such a brilliant person, she won’t say it out loud. However, I can see it in her eyes. 

We met at work and we sat opposite one another. We shared jokes and got to chatting, which led to camping trips with her family and the friendship was sealed. 

She has been my bestie every since. 

She watched me get married and partied like a rock star at my wedding. When I told her I was never going to have children, she laughed. She was with me when I announced I was 8 weeks pregnant and tried to explain to me what it would be like to be a mum. I never believed her, until it happened. I always remembered what she said. And she was right. 

She was with me while I labored at home with my second wee lassie. She babysat Megan while I completed my labour at the hospital. My BFF knows things about me that I thought I’d never tell her. I thought she’d judge me. I thought she’d be angry. She not only did not judged me but listened and offered advice. She is fiercely loyal to her family and friends and for this I love her to death.

Distance or time will never alter our friendship. We may not talk every day or even every week, but I always know she is there.  I know that I would drop everything if she needed me.

I love you and appreciate who you are and our unique friendship.

Like the butterfly you are the wind beneath my wings.

Your friendship is a gift I enjoy opening everyday.



11 comments:

Lovely Light said...

You are so lucky! I wish I were as fortunate to have someone I am that comfortable with. Well, i have my husband, who is my best friend, but sometimes you just need a woman's friendship.

YeamieWaffles said...

This is such an amazing post Lass, I'd never heard about you and your best friend before so this is so awesome to read, it's just awesome that she's actually been with you through everything, from your marriage, to your pregnancy to you continuing to be the amazing wife and mother you are now, such an awesome post Lass! She sounds like a true one in a kind.

Paula said...

What a beautiful post to honor your friend!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

She sounds like a special person. You may have differences, but they compliment rather than detract from your friendship.

Mandy Bohgan said...

thats what besties are for! You can tell them anything and they won't judge you but accept you for the way you are..my bestie is like my soulmate, even if we don't speak or see each other for a while..it doesn't change a thing!

The Glebe Blog said...

Ye've turned me intae a big saftie, am sittin here greetin.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@Jim Nuthin like a guid greet.

@Mandy Thats friends!

@Alex @Matthew absa damn lootly

@LovelyLight I am blessed!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@Jim Nuthin like a guid greet.

@Mandy Thats friends!

@Alex @Matthew absa damn lootly

@LovelyLight I am blessed!

Jessica Peterson said...

This is beautiful. Finding a friend like this is like finding a true treasure. You certainly are lucky. :)

cat said...

Simply beautiful! We all can do with a friend like this

Willow said...

Sounds like your pretty darn, good, jolly loyal friend under all that fun crazy sarcasm . Your lucky to have one another. Thumbs up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails