Monday, 8 April 2013

G is for Gadgie and A Guest Post

Today, I'm Guest Posting over at Angeline Trevena.  Go check out my post there and then pop back here to read my A to Z Blog Challenge installment for The Letter G:

“Gadgie”

Pronounced: gad-jee

Definition: n. a person who generally gets no respect, unsophisticated or uncouth person.

Usage: Bob, you're a right fekkin' gadgie and rougher than a badger's arse 
She is NOT amused.


Translation :  Every man likes the smell of his own farts.

Origin : Gadgy is an old northumbrian word meaning non-gypsy.

Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and third largest in the United Kingdom, although as an Urban Area only the fifth most populous in the United Kingdom. The city is situated on the River Clyde in the country's West Central Lowlands.  Scotland's greatest shopping capital.  Now lets go and source out a good shoe shop and buy some funky tartan heels.



Glasgow
Don't forget to go and visit my vlog from yesterday about 10 Things That's a Dead Giveaway You're Scottish.


15 comments:

Aaron Brinker said...

Part of my families heritage is Scottish. In fact, there is some ruins of a castle that was supposed to have belonged to a family member at one time. I hope to be able to visit Scotland someday and check it out for myself!!!

Aaron Brinker aka DadBlunders

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That isn't the queen, is it?

Angeline Trevena said...

Wow, I never knew Glasgow was that big. I've only been to Scotland once, when I was 8. It rained a lot, but I enjoyed the holiday (us guys from Devon are well practised at stubbornly having good fun in wet weather!)

Andrea said...

This is great since my kids are trying to ban me fro using any words that are in their lexicon of cool, so now I will have my own!

Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I enjoyed reading your interview which made me appreciate bloggers even more!

Mary Montague Sikes

Nancy Thompson said...

Ah, I haven't been over here in ages! Missed that wonderful voice of yours.

Rowena said...

love the interview...never heard of the word 'Gadgy' before. Thanks for the education.

Christine Rains said...

I've got to use that word some time very soon! :)

David Macaulay said...

wow interesting - did only gypsies get respect in Nortumbria?

todayithink said...

I guess if you are royal you can pick your nose in public. Not that you should!

Laeli said...

I'm using this word, starting now!

Heather M. Gardner said...

I must start saving my pennies to book my flight to Scotland.

Heather

Me said...

Lovd the interview. And the word Gadgie!

-A fellow blogger from A to Z!

YeamieWaffles said...

Gadgie's another word I haven't really heard before Lass but I like it! I can now say with some confidence that the Queen is a gadgie haha!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@Aaron you may be worth a small fortune.

@Alex the Queen takes a shit too, believe it or not.

@Angeline bigger than everyone thinks

@Andrea @Christine @Laeli that's if you remember it...

@Mary thanx for the opportunity

@Nancy Welcome Back!

@Rowena I aim to please

@David LOL and yip!

@Heather you and me both.

@Matthew with yer wee finger buried deep into the first knuckle up her nose, I would say she could be labeled as a Gadgie.

Glad everyone enjoyed the interview

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails