Wednesday, 24 April 2013

U is for Up yer arse

"Up yer Arse"


Pronunciation : up-yer-ar-s

Definition : To tell another person that you don't agree with their opinion, usually a shouted response to an insult. Similar to up yours but a wee bitty stronger.

Usage: Geeza hon wi' ma bagpipes or I'll stick 'em up yer fucking arse.

Translation :  To all those women who watch the football and shout "pass it to Frank" or "bring Joe Cole on;" fuck off. You didn't see me at Sex And The City 2 shouting "fuck her up the arse."


Ullapool is a small town of around 1,300 inhabitants in Ross and Cromarty, Highland, Scotland. Despite its small size it is the largest settlement for many miles around and a major tourist destination of Scotland.  The harbour is still the edge of the village, used as a fishing port, yachting haven, and ferry port. Ferries sail to Stornoway in the Outer Hebrides. Ullapool has a strong reputation as a centre for music, the arts and performance.

Ullapool


17 comments:

Paula said...

Hilarious! I shouted these very words at my husband today!

Empty Nest Insider said...

I wish you were in the audience when I saw Sex and The City II. Ullapool looks lovely!

Julie

Louisa said...

Hahaha! When you say it like that I can almost hear the accent to go with it. ;-)

Brandon Ax said...

I love your blog more and more.

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

We have the expression "Up ya bum" in Australia, but it's typically a drinking toast.

YeamieWaffles said...

This made me laugh so much Lass, especially since I am so damn sure that I've used this phrase at least once in the last year or so haha, absolutely hilarious. Wondering where you're going to go with X and Z soon, we don't tend to work well with those letters in general in the United Kingdom!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now that was classic Lass!
The picture of Ullapool is beautiful.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@Paula WOW same here!

@EmptyNest and why is that? Would I have been cacklin like an old whore?

@Ninjalex :-) thanx for visiting every day. I appreciate it more than you know, Mr Big Shot Writer

@Matthew I used it yesterday in the traffic, actually (with a gesture to match - just in case he couldn't lip read)

@Kellie why would you wish anyone "up yer bum" when toasting someone?

David Macaulay said...

I do love those subtle Scottish expressions..

Cathrina Constantine said...

Thanks for the morning laugh!

Pat Hatt said...

Stick it up your arse, think all have said that in one form or another haha

Andrew Leon said...

That is a cool looking place! It would make a cool setting for... something!

The Glebe Blog said...

I'd sooner you'd 'Pogue Mahone'.
Remember Metallica's Metal up your Arse

David List said...

Just wanted to comment that your Translation made me spit chips all over my keyboard.
Thanks for that.

Silvia Villalobos said...

How funny. Am going to practice that around here soon. :)

Silvia @ Silvia Writes

Kristen Dyrr said...

Now this one I've heard. Very funny!

#atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

Dazediva said...

I reckon you should do a video with all the words so we know how to really pronounce them ! Plus your accent will be sexy !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails