Sunday, 15 November 2009

The Beautiful 1980s

I saw this video over at UnMom and it had me in stitches of laughter.  It reminded me of the early morning 1980's "Body Beat" execise show which was on "Good Morning South Africa" everyday. 

This video is also just as hysterical (but not meant to be) 

How irritating is this woman?  She looks like a piece of leather thats had one too many session on the sunbed with her sexy pageboy hairstyle and white footless tights!  Its just NASTY!





Then I came across this YouTube video of Amor Vittone (a local SA celebrity) on Body Beat way back when she was a nobody. She looks so enthusiatic!!  Go Amor!  Feel the burn

Aand then I found the vinyl LP record of "Body Beat" that I bought and actually worked out to.  I know I did buy the video at some stage but who know where it is now?  Remember the lead dude, Kevin who used to wear his short-shorts with the crowl jewels clearly on display?  Everyone was convinced he was as bent as a two-bob note.  He always had two hot chicks on either side of him in their soopa tight high-cut leotards and head-bands?  It was a sight to see and very hip and trend in the day...now its just ridiculously funny.



Looking for this Body Beat record, I came across some of the other LPs I had bought as a teenager!

Oh hell, the 80's....thats all I can say.

Thompson Twins, Human League, The Jam, Pop Shop compilation LPs, Stephan Tin-Tin Duffy.  I had tons more but if you're a child of the 80's you'll also have them ... Michael Jackson, Madonna and U2 ...


7 comments:

KK said...

There is no excuse for the 80s, we will just have to move along! I wore leotards like that, but I hope all pics have been destroyed!

BecauseIcan said...

OMGosh.. Blasting from the past!!

Brings back memories best left suppressed..LOL!

*enough said*

f8hasit said...

I was in Target yesterday (it's like an upscale Wal-Mart) and they had leg warmers for sale.
LEG WARMERS!

This isn't a costume shop! I thought, "OMG People are going to buy and WEAR these again?"

EVERYONE in the 80's were ugly. Even the beautiful people...
:-)

blueviolet said...

I have such a love/hate relationship with the 80's.

Marcelle said...

I have to share this with you...
I appeared on a few of those body beat programs when they came to film in Cape Town...Once with Old Mutual and once at the Waterfront...it took us 3 days of filming for about 3 months of morning shows...I still have my copied on video cassettes.
Those were the good old days. I had fun, actually think in my blog in the archives I have some of my photo's with Linda and the BB team

Gillian said...

Marcelle> Welcome to my Blog, glad to see a real live Body Beater here. I'll check out your archives soon. Thanx for the visit.

KK> I also had leotard like that. Remember the g-string ones?

f8hasit> I had leg-warmers in every single colour (obviously to match my leotards and head-band). Did I just admit that out loud?!

chrisaerobics said...

Hey Gillian & Folks, :)

I'm a 28 year old guy and am from New Jersey, and I actually started exercising in the 1980s and wore leotards and leg warmers, along with slouch socks. ;) Yes, I started when I was very little. :D I got over 100 pairs of leg warmers today, in every color, and pattern imaginable + I got tons of leotards and slouch socks. I don't have any pictures of me in my leotards/leg warmers/slouch socks. But, I was daring to put some pictures of me in them that I took recently online. ;) More men like me should do aerobics, and also wear their leg warmers, and leotards in pride. :) I will be teaching aerobics very soon, and I'm dying to make my own aerobics video and audio programs.

Bless you folks, and have a great day.

Warmly yours,
Chris Kennedy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails