This video is also just as hysterical (but not meant to be)
How irritating is this woman? She looks like a piece of leather thats had one too many session on the sunbed with her sexy pageboy hairstyle and white footless tights! Its just NASTY!
Then I came across this YouTube video of Amor Vittone (a local SA celebrity) on Body Beat way back when she was a nobody. She looks so enthusiatic!! Go Amor! Feel the burn
Aand then I found the vinyl LP record of "Body Beat" that I bought and actually worked out to. I know I did buy the video at some stage but who know where it is now? Remember the lead dude, Kevin who used to wear his short-shorts with the crowl jewels clearly on display? Everyone was convinced he was as bent as a two-bob note. He always had two hot chicks on either side of him in their soopa tight high-cut leotards and head-bands? It was a sight to see and very hip and trend in the day...now its just ridiculously funny.
Looking for this Body Beat record, I came across some of the other LPs I had bought as a teenager!
Oh hell, the 80's....thats all I can say.
Thompson Twins, Human League, The Jam, Pop Shop compilation LPs, Stephan Tin-Tin Duffy. I had tons more but if you're a child of the 80's you'll also have them ... Michael Jackson, Madonna and U2 ...


7 comments:
There is no excuse for the 80s, we will just have to move along! I wore leotards like that, but I hope all pics have been destroyed!
OMGosh.. Blasting from the past!!
Brings back memories best left suppressed..LOL!
*enough said*
I was in Target yesterday (it's like an upscale Wal-Mart) and they had leg warmers for sale.
LEG WARMERS!
This isn't a costume shop! I thought, "OMG People are going to buy and WEAR these again?"
EVERYONE in the 80's were ugly. Even the beautiful people...
:-)
I have such a love/hate relationship with the 80's.
I have to share this with you...
I appeared on a few of those body beat programs when they came to film in Cape Town...Once with Old Mutual and once at the Waterfront...it took us 3 days of filming for about 3 months of morning shows...I still have my copied on video cassettes.
Those were the good old days. I had fun, actually think in my blog in the archives I have some of my photo's with Linda and the BB team
Marcelle> Welcome to my Blog, glad to see a real live Body Beater here. I'll check out your archives soon. Thanx for the visit.
KK> I also had leotard like that. Remember the g-string ones?
f8hasit> I had leg-warmers in every single colour (obviously to match my leotards and head-band). Did I just admit that out loud?!
Hey Gillian & Folks, :)
I'm a 28 year old guy and am from New Jersey, and I actually started exercising in the 1980s and wore leotards and leg warmers, along with slouch socks. ;) Yes, I started when I was very little. :D I got over 100 pairs of leg warmers today, in every color, and pattern imaginable + I got tons of leotards and slouch socks. I don't have any pictures of me in my leotards/leg warmers/slouch socks. But, I was daring to put some pictures of me in them that I took recently online. ;) More men like me should do aerobics, and also wear their leg warmers, and leotards in pride. :) I will be teaching aerobics very soon, and I'm dying to make my own aerobics video and audio programs.
Bless you folks, and have a great day.
Warmly yours,
Chris Kennedy
Post a Comment