Monday, 1 August 2011

Plonker of the Week!

Julius Malema was responding to questions about his lavish lifestyle and reports that business people, government officials and others were depositing money into the Ratanang Family Trust, named after his son, in exchange for providing them with government contracts.

Asked if he had personally benefited from the trust, he said: "That is none of your business".

Why me? There are a lot of public figures. People resort to monkey tricks and tactics to silence the leadership... ."

Referring to a Sunday Times report that the Hawks were trying to get his cellphone records and bank statements, he said: "I'm not scared of jail.

"You can arrest me, but you can't arrest my ideas. They can lock me up. I don't care. I will go and come back. You cannot silence political debate through scaring tactics.

"Even from prison I will continue... I will teach the prisoners the struggle for political emancipation."


6 comments:

Lost.in.Idaho said...

"Yeah I'm corrupt. So what? That's just how things are done these days..."

Autumnforest said...

I'm glad to see there that political issues are pretty universal.

DCHY said...

Oh boy. As long as he's got a mouth, you can't shut him up. Interesting attitude.

Nolens Volens said...

Makes me wonder what EXACTLY is "political emancipation" if the others were locked up for having done the crime...

Diego Sousa said...

well, he's damn right!

Andrew said...

This guy sounds like a real class act!
"Plonker"??? I shall remember that word.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails