Thursday, 26 January 2012

Howz Dem Apples?


G-Man was blethering on his blog the other day about things that you are prejudiced about and / or things that you just don't like for some strange reason.  You know that stuff I'm talking about, the specific something that you can't explain and makes no fucking sense to others.  The little something that you do or say that makes people pull up their one eyebrow and back away slowly...

Go read his Aversion Post HERE

G-Man has a colleague that detests Tom Cruise and won't watch a movie if he's in it, just because he's an avid Scientologist.  G-Man HATES mung beans, Corona beer and puke.  Now, I'm sure if you consumed the first two, it would result in the latter, but that's a whole different post...

Anyhoozer, his natterings got me thinking about my odd reaction to Fruit.

Yes, Fruit, Plonkers.
Now, promise not to laugh?  


Promise!

I get goosebumps when I see fruit, even pictures of fruit!  Hell, even if someone talks about fruit!  Even writing this post, I'm getting goosebumps and the tingles.  My skin literally crawls and when I bite into a piece of fruit, apples especially, the tingles go right up my spine into my head.  It's the strangest thing  (just typing and thinking about apples makes my skin tingle).  Och aye, I know, it's the fucking weirdest thing! 


I've googled it over and over but still have no answers.  I'm not sure why this happens to me.   I noticed it when I was a teenager because my mum used to buy Granny Smith apples.  Geezo I can't even say it without getting shivers.  Mention those Granny Smith cooking apples and I go through the roof!

You can well imagine....I don't tell too many people about this odd body function of mine.  Some of my colleagues at work think I'm fucking nuts because of this.  They say I've got a secret fruit fetish that turns me on, but its not like that.
 

I love fruit and I eat it but it gives me the heebie-jeebies.

It's just a body function or reaction that happens when I think about fruit.

Och I know I'm odd....I told you not to laugh, Plonkers!

You think I'm bad?!!? I have a friend who salivates when she talks and thinks about her children!!! 

I SHITE YOU NOT!!


What are your thoughts on this?

20 comments:

Sub-Radar-Mike said...

Fruit? Really? All fruit, even berries and durians and weird fruit like that?

Kiwis?

Strange, but interesting.

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

Hmmm. This borders on the T.M.I. rule (too much information) but it is humorous. Thanks for sharing :)

cat said...

My words, that is a bot weird. Due to tactile issues I can not stand oats - I literally can not put it in my mouth.

Brian Miller said...

how interesting...i would take fruit over chocolate any day

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@Mike All juicy fruits. Just saying juicy fruits sets it off for me. But funny enough fruit juice, not. So, bananas are the exception.

@cat oats has never been one of my favourites either. I can't stand the smell.

@Brian Miller are you fucking insane?!?!?!

IndigoWrath said...

Hey Lass! Fruit's no weirder than my pet hates, tho I'll not share those for fear of offending any salesmen or tradesmen who are reading. Indigo

YeamieWaffles said...

Great post as always Daft Scots Lass. I can't believe your friend hates Tom Cruise though, I mean I hate the whole Scientology thing too and find it very weird but all the same it's Tom Cruise!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Maybe it's because Granny Smith apples are so tart?

StardustSavannah said...

OK- thats just a little weird...hahahahaha Thanks for the giggle!
Tracy

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@Alex who you callin a tart???!?!? :-)

Joshua said...

I have the strangest reaction every time I think about a woman naked.

A Beer for the Shower said...

I hate Tom Cruise too, now that he's crazy, but it's probably just coincidence that I don't like any of his movies. Mostly because they suck.

Also, you go crazy over fruit? You're a dietitian's wet dream.

bill lisleman said...

the heebie-jeebies - I should write and say that more often. Now you have me wondering what it sounds like with a Scottish accent.
Redhead in high heels chewing a red apple - now that's heebie-jeebie scene.

Heather said...

Hi! Please email me, I have a question for you! :)

HeatherVonsj (at) gmail (dot) com

Mary Sullivan Frasier said...

Not really so strange... I have a similar reaction to grapes and pomagranates. Anything with that kind of seeds. They make my mouth feel like I just sucked on a dustmop. {shiver} Same with certain kinds of nuts. Hubbers is awfully glad that it isn't all kinds though. ;~)

Copyboy said...

Wow! You really hate fruit. But you like Tom cruise, right? :)

G-Man said...

Jildo...
It's Blithering!!
And you know whats funny?
I get that same reaction and Heebie Jeebies when a cat licks me!
That course texture makes my skin crawl...Eewwww.
You are so funny.
G

cyn said...

while strange, i am sure it's a legit *condition* -- still not as weird as your friend who salivates -- now that is bizarro!

i have a weird reaction to having my nails filed and/or buffed -- it makes my teeth hurt & feel weird. i get my nails done bi-weekly & i literally have to pep talk myself into doing it... the price of pretty nails.

xxoo my fellow freak!
cyn

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@Mary what do you think it is?? seriously!

@Copyboy I don't like Tom Cruise at all, except in Top Gun.

@cyn Freaks Unite!

@G-Man glad I can always amusing you.

@Heather oh?

@bill I dare ye.

@Beer and on the Dukan Diet I can't have fruit at all!!! Bummer.

The Glebe Blog said...

It's not so unusual. I get the creeps eating spiders,worms and maggots.I'm ok with the fried snake though.

L. Ron Hubbard was one weird character although I had something in common with him...........an acute duodenal ulcer. Scientology Sucks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails