Wednesday, 4 January 2012

If cockroachs survived the Holocaust, what do they make Doom out of?

Long-gone are the days when painting was strictly done with specialized tools, like brushes, on canvases. Nowadays artists use anything from remote-controlled toy cars to Molotov cocktails to express their talents. So it should come to know surprise Kyle Lambert uses just one finger and the Apple iPad to create detailed celebrity portraits.

Kyle Lambert is a young English artist who specializes in portraits rendered using an iPad tablet and an $8 app, called Brushes. He only uses one finger as the brush, but judging by the detailed outcome, you’d think he has a whole set of professional tools and paints.
That reminds me of the bloke who made portraits of people out of marmite toast. He was on Britain's Got Talent, if I remember correctly. Hang on, I'm gonna have to google this one because its going to bug me.

Yeah, his name was Nathan Wyburn and he had me completely mezmerised.



Katherine Kalnes makes celebrity portraits out of pancakes.  Yummy.


Lee Hadwin who is dubbed The Sleepwalking artist.

Oh yeah,and the famous, Pricasso who paints with his knobbly bobbly. 

I shite you not, Plonkers.  I saw him with my own eyes at the Sexpo.

I think mine would have to be black and white portraits in chocolate

What would your method of art be to paint your portrait?  


8 comments:

Nolens Volens said...

Given my nature, I'd go for Pricasso. For my home, I'd go for Kyle Lambert.

Nicole Zoltack said...

Mmm... chocolate sounds good to me!

WhisperingWriter said...

I'm down with chocolate...

Xmas Dolly said...

OMG Do you even have to ssk? Whip Cream & a strawberry here & there! Hey Luvie thanks for stopping by. I see your name in comments & it always puts a smile on me face.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

They're all pretty cool, except for Pricasso. That's just a sickness!

I saw him on Tosh.O. Yuck!

The Glebe Blog said...

There are already artists out there using animal and human excrement.
That's just gross if you ask me.
I'd make a great smiley from a belly print.....especially after the festive season.

JoeinVegas said...

And just what would you have him use as his canvas?

David L Macaulay said...

Pricasso - nowaay - once saw a piece on a guy who paints with poo - very tasteful

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails