Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Useful Inventions to make things a doddle

Turn your muffin pan upside down, bake cookie-dough over the top and voila – you have cookie bowls for fruit or ice-cream. Click here for recipe.

Stop cut apples browning in your child’s lunch box by securing with a rubber band

Overhaul your linen cupboard – store bed linen sets inside one of their own
pillowcases and there will be no more hunting through piles for a match.

Use egg cartons to separate and store your Christmas decorations

Gotcha! Find tiny lost items like earrings by putting a stocking over the vacuum hose

For those who can't stand the scrunching and bunching:  how to perfectly
fold a fitted sheet.

Gutter Garden. Create a window-box veggie patch using guttering

Valentines Egg. Win friends at breakfast with this heart-shaped egg tutorial. How sweet

Bake cupcakes directly in ice-cream cones – so much more fun and easier for kids
to eat.

Pump up the volume by placing your iPhone / iPod in a bowl – the concave shape
amplifies the music

Forever losing your bathroom essentials? Use magnetic strips to store bobby
pins (and tweezers and clippers) behind a vanity door

A muffin pan becomes a craft caddy. Magnets hold the plastic cups down to
make them tip-resistant

Microwave your own popcorn in a plain brown paper bag. Much healthier and
cheaper than the packet stuff

Add this item to your beach bag. Baby powder gets sand off your skin easily –
who knew?!

Brilliant space-saver: install a tension rod to hang your spray bottles. Fekking Genius!

A tip for holiday packing. Store shoes inside shower caps to stop dirty soles
rubbing on your clothes. And you can find them in just about every hotel


Hull strawberries easily using a straw.

Bread tags make the perfect-sized cord labels

Attach a Velcro strip to the wall to store soft toys

Rubbing a walnut over scratches in your furniture will disguise dings and scrapes

Remove crayon masterpieces from your TV or computer screen with WD40
(also works on walls).

This one is for Kelley!  Look up! Use wire to make a space to store gift wrap rolls against the ceiling,
rather than cluttering up the floor

Re-use a wet-wipes container to store plastic bags
Make an instant cupcake carrier by cutting crosses into a box lid

30 comments:

Aimee Katherine said...

Those are such great ideas.. I'm hoping to get a flat with my boyfriend at some point in the next few years so they'll be really useful :D

Little Miss Medic said...

Wow! So many great tips, the linen one could change my life :)

Beelzebug said...

All great suggestions thanks

Cyn said...

awesome!
the brown bag/popcorn thing really works -- just gotta cut the recommended amount in half & watch it because it burns wicked quick!

xxoo!

Joshua said...

The Wife sent me an email with all of these in them. I'd heard of some of them before, but not all. Need to try them all. Let's start with the cookie bowls, shall we?

Copyboy said...

OMG!! I love these. I dare to say this is a book worthy idea. Egg one is really cool.

nitebyrd said...

What great, simple ideas! Thanks for sharing, Lass!

YeamieWaffles said...

The more I scrolled down and read these the more impressed I became until I finally ended up bookmarking this page, some of the things are so useful! You must be a complete and utter domestic goddess around home Daft Scots Lass, haha!

Babes Mami said...

I am saving this for reference!

Choleesa said...

all very good ideas.
Thanks.

Melanie said...

Great ideas..thanks for sharing...thought I still don't think I will ever be able to fold a fitted sheet properly.

Not So Simply Single said...

Very, very clever! I love it!

Especially the muffin tin one. I am gonna use that!

And I love the sheet folding lesson. I could never get that right!

Coolio!

Mike Smith said...

Smart arse!

Dazee Dreamer said...

omg, those are so awesome. I'm sending this link to my daughter. She'll love it also.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Cookie bowls sound good! I don't think anything will ever help me fold sheets though. Good thing my wife doesn't care.

G-Man said...

Great Tips Jillie Bean!!!

Fuck You!

jenette or more commonly known as "j" said...

Great ideas! LOVE the valentines egg though :-) Happy eating and dieting!

Claudia said...

Wow so many great tips on here and I can't help but notice the sheets and pillowcase example! Brilliant. I've also seen this on one of my favorite list: Tips on Organizing and Decluttering. I should add some of your tips on here as well: http://www.skinnyscoop.com/list/eden/favorite-organizing-products-and-decluttering-tips

The Frog Queen said...

Those are frickin brilliant!!

Thanks for sharing....

Cheers!

The Accidental Somebody said...

I'm going to go back through this post with a pen and paper because there were SO many helpful hints I can use! Great post!!

Nolens Volens said...

My sister sent me that and I thought about posting those on my blog...but I got sidetracked! LOL

JoeinVegas said...

Wow - your house must be so organized . . .

Donna said...

I love these- the putting the sheet sets in side of the pillowcase is really neat. Gotta try that one.

Lovely Light said...

Wow- great list. I've seen a few of these (the egg, the tension rod- I had real trouble finding these in Cape Town!) but the walnut one- who figured this out?!

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

This is quite possibly the best post I've ever read - what fabulous ideas. I hope you don't mind, but I've linked to your post from my blog - everyone needs to make their life easier.

I'm off now to sort my linen closet - genius!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Doesn't mean I implement the brilliant ideas...

Anonymous said...

Blog sexy :
http://aed280e5.allanalpass.com
http://xaijo.com/land?new-uf.html
http://blog.erolove.in/land?new-dr.html
http://amateur.erolove.in/pagegv.html
http://shop.xaijo.com/?new-uv.html
http://intimcity.org/in.htm?profile-uz&wm=2020890811

Denita said...

love it! great blog...

Rhonda said...

Love the one on how to fold the fitted sheet. Folding it and trying to make it look nice has drove me nuts for the last 20yrs!!!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Glad you guys enjoyed this post...

had loads of people enjoy the fitted sheet fold :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails