Saturday, 7 January 2012

Progress on The Dukan Diet

It has been 7 days since I've started my new eating programme and already I have lost 2.8kg (6.2 pounds)


I started the first three days on a liquid fruit and veggie smoothie diet and on Wednesday I started Dr Pierre Dukan's Dukan Diet.

I must say, I feel great, I don't feel hungry and I'm not moody. Usually, by now, I get quite cranky on a diet because I don't get my favourite foods - chocolate and carbs but I have been feeling energetic and positive. I've also been to gym running on the treadmill every other day and doing loads of spring cleaning at home, which also burns up the calories.

Here is my recipe for the Dukan Diet Oat Bran Breakfast Galette

1 egg
1½ tablespoons oat bran
1½ tablespoons fat free cream cheese
1 teaspoon sweetner
few drops of vanilla


Dukan Oat Bran Galette Ingredients

Raw Dukan Oat Bran Galette

Dukan Oat Bran Galette Cooked

Ready to eat Dukan Diet Oat Bran Galette with Chunky Fat-Free Cottage Cheese and 3 slices of lean chargrilled chicken

The Oat Bran Galette is pretty tasty and on the Dukan Diet, you can have one a day and breakfast is the perfect time for me to eat this, as this is generally when I eat my bread.  So, I don't feel like I'm missing out - not yet. 

You can make your galette sweet or savoury but seeing as most of The Attack Phase (Phase 1) of the diet is mostly 70 different proteins (meats), then I make my galette sweet.  I just need to find a decent sugar-free syrup to go with it. Scrummy!

Going strong but this morning I wanted to cheat and put sugar in my tea - I didn't!  Wish me luck for the next phase - Phase 2. The Cruise Phase - and the long haul towards loosing another 10 - 15kg.

Can you say sugar and fat free?  It's not easy but giving up smoking wasn't easy either.  I'm stickin with it..... 

8 comments:

Nat said...

Well done... fantastic start! I'm trying to shift some weight too... only Day 4, so far so good :-)

Mynx said...

doing so well. Keep it up :)

Brian Miller said...

oh wow. i am liking your results...great job so far...

Michael Offutt, Visitor from the Future said...

I'm sorry, but that just looks nasty. But I guess that's the lengths we go to in order to fit into clothes and be beautiful.

Best of luck in achieving that body of your dreams.

jenette or more commonly known as "j" said...

You go girl! :) haha. Proud of you! Hang in there!

kelworthfiles said...

Congratulations! Good luck with the eating programme.

I've been counting calories for a few years now and trying to exercise. In fact I've slipped just a little lately - up ten pounds or so over 2011. For 2012, I want to lose fifteen! Walking at least thirty minutes a day is a good place to start, and maybe trying to get the calorie count per day back closer to 2500 than three thousand.

Melanie said...

Good for you! That is awesome! I myself have reformed my eating (for now...we will see how long it lasts) and have dropped 4 pounds in the past week! YAY US!

Cyn said...

holy shit woman -- you are rockin' it! you got this mama!!!

xxoo
cyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails