Thursday, 22 March 2012

I was so long in labour they had to shave me twice

Yesterday was a public holiday here in South Africa. Its was Human Rights Day so I invited my big sister and her clan over for a good old fashioned Souf Efrikén braai.

Unfortunately, the heavens opened up on us and it pissed with rain most of the frikken day but that didn't stop us from firing up the braai and enjoying some XBOX Kinect.


Megan, Janie, Mick, Claire and Kaylin enjoying their braai

Our newest edition to our family.  Meet Lucy

Me and Lucy-Loo-Loo

I also get a brilliant surprise in the post!  I got a parcel from fellow blogger Mr Cool aka Tom Tomoser with a lovely letter and his latest Greatest Hits CD just for me!  Thanx so much Tom - what a loverly surprise.


12 comments:

YeamieWaffles said...

Sounds like you guys had quite a good day despite the rain, congrats on getting that Greatest Hits CD too!

Copyboy said...

Free Music and a cute puppy. Awwwww.

Mark said...

That's a great photo of you. Looking real good!
And how cool is that to receive such a gift. Very nice!
m.

Joshua said...

Every time I see an itty-bitty puppy, it makes me sad that The Wife is allergic to dogs. So adorable.

My Inner Chick said...

Great Photos.

South Africa Must Be a Fab place to live. Do you miss Scottland?

Lucy is .....A D O R A B L E.

Happy Weekend.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@Mark thanx handsome!

@Josh perhaps she'll get used to it. There is medication she can take.

@My Inner Chick SA is a brilliant country to live in. I don't really miss Scotland. I miss the snow at Christmas time.

The Accidental Somebody said...

Holy shit what a funny title to your post! And I love Lucy (Ha!) she is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Lucy is really cute. Nothing beats a puppy!

Matt Harvath said...

I wish we had a Holiday like that. That is great. Glad you got the family together. Sounds like you have the same shitty weather we are having, RAIN, RAIN, RAIN! You and Lucy look great.

Donna Hole said...

What fun. That sofa looks comfy.

.......dhole

Nolens Volens said...

I laughed hard at your post title! Congrats on your newest family addition.

Niki said...

Adorable puppy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails