Pronounciation : pili-wali
Definintion: Not looking well. Looking unhealthy; under the weather.
Sick, pale and pastey (that would probably include most of the fucking people from the UK, actually)

Usage: Yer awfy peely-wally lookin the day, wis the polisman roon at your hoose?"
Translation: All you need are colored eye contacts and you could be albino!
![]() |
| Pretty Peebles |


16 comments:
Nice area!
Love it. Reminds me of the Dr. Knox joke we used to tell years ago, with a Scottish accent of course. Should have been following you before, not sure why I wasn't.
JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE
Oh Gawd... Jack and Victor sipping urine for holistic reasons had me a bit Peely Wally fer sure ~ it did. Sticking to my coffee enemas ;)
lovely blog!
<3
Speechless!
But only because your posts are awesome
The real definition of this phrase was nowhere near what I was thinking....and that's all I am sayin'
Such good words!
Oooh, I like this one!
Brillant! I love how you define these fun words and phrases.
Peely Wally? I might just have to try to work that into conversation, just for the strange stares I'll get. Thanks.
The houses look so cute!
That video was so funny!
And I vow to use "peely wally" in conversation tomorrow.
Looking all germ like, blah that would make my ocd strike haha
Yer lookin peely wally,
ye need a holiday.
ye book a flight tae Benidorm, a chance tae get away.
The sangria, the sunshine,the nightlife - feeling great, till the rumble in yer belly "Is it sumthin that a ate"
Back tae Prestwick, easy Jet, yer hame and whit dae they say...................................................................
Yer lookin peely wally,
ye need a holiday.
This seems like the kind of saying that's hard to use in real life, I've never heard of it either which doesn't help, I love the Scot phrases you're coming up with Lass haha!
Hi,
Stopping by from A-Z your Scottish theme is a fun one to my American ears. I'd like to visit Peebles and take my camera and my paints. What a pretty town.
Have a great A-Z
Margot at A Devotional Mosaic and Spark My Creativity
Post a Comment