Monday, 13 April 2015

Keen Kodaking

As most of you know, by now my theme for the A to Z Blog Challenge this month is Retro Nostalgia. 

I love all things vintage and retro so let me take you back...

Remember the Kodak Polaroid Camera? 

It was revolutionary in its day...instant photographs?!  My dad had a Kodak Instamatic and the refills came in cute packs of 10 instant photos.  They were like wee gold sandwiches in our house.  It was uber cool to look at your pictures only minutes after you took them. 

Blow It and Shake It - Remember?

Reminds me of the song by Outkast "Hey Ya"..... "Shake eet Laaik a Poloroid Peekture".

We even a Kodak Polaroid at work during the 90s.  I worked for a recruitment company and we used them to take instant photos of all our candidates to attached to their profile and resumé.  It was genius and a great way of remember what the candidate looked like (before all the laws were in place not to ask any personal details about an applicant)

I can still remember the smell of the photos as they came out.  It was a great way to take naughty photos without having the woman at the developing shop, peeping at your pix and giving you the stink eye when you collected them.

Nowadays, you can order polaroid look-a-likes of your Instagram uploads by Nifty250.  I loves these print outs.  There are so many funky crafts you can do with them.

Music Feature today is The Kinks. They were brilliant! Besides, Lola this is one of my favourite tracks by them.



.

9 comments:

Deepti Agarwal said...

Nostalgic info .. went back into time with cameras.. :)

Naila Moon said...

Oh yes, I loved Polaroids! They were incredibly awesome to have!

Like your music for today too. I want to invite you back to Monday's Music again! Miss you there!

PS>I am doing A-Z as well!

Jeremy Hawkins said...

I miss the days of cameras like those... photos were sometimes so awful, yet artistic... thank you for all the great memories.

Jeremy [Retro]
AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

There's no earthly way of knowing.
Which direction we are going!

HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

judi said...



LOLA and polaroids! Yes I remember them well! http://50andfabulousblog.blogspot.com

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Somewhere there is someone hoarding Polaroid film.

Bright Side of Life said...

Yep, I remember.. girl, we are getting old!! :-)

Jo said...

Yup I remember Polaroids. We had one for a while.

Patricia Lynne said...

I never got to have one of those cameras when they were big, and was so jealous of people who had them. Maybe once I got to use one.

Cherdo said...

I regret taking Polaroids of my newborn first son...they didn't hold up well. But it was SO fun to have a picture in hand immediately.

Now we have digital and I spend my time pursuing the most MP per camera.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails