Wednesday, 1 April 2015

A is for Atari

Welcome to the very first day of the 2015 A to Z Blog Challenge. This was a very last minute decision to take part this year, as I haven't been regularly blogging for a while.  

I look forward to sharing my Nostalgic Retro Vintage posts with you and visit as many blogs as I can during April.

Atari means "to hit the target" in Japanese and is also the name of the corporate and brand name started in the year I was born, 1972. 

Nostalgic? 


I remember spending tons of my childhood hours jigglin those joysticks and fighting with my pals on who's turn it was next. 

Atari pioneered the 20c arcade games that we love and remember - PacMan and Space Invaders? These incredibly wealth guys, and probably quite dead by now, helped define the electronic entertainment industry from when I was born until the late 1980s

And now a step back in time to the year 1981 and a disco dance hit that we all wiggled out bums to.  Enjoy the totally bitchin' toon.


 

10 comments:

Jeremy Hawkins said...

HECK YEAH!... still have one of these systems in the garage.

Welcome in the "A"... as a host I am stopping by to say thank you!
Jeremy [Retro]
AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

There's no earthly way of knowing.
Which direction we are going!

HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

Andrew Leon said...

I loved my Atari. I could play Defender indefinitely.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I had an Atari and spent many, many hours playing.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I was in high school when a local doctor got the fist Atari game I ever saw. Me and my best friend were there when he hooked it up. All there was then was Pong and Tank.

Then later on, near Graduation, convenience stores started having Atari games in them. Never was much on PacMan, but I did play Asteroids quite a bit.
Life & Faith in Caneyhead
I am Ensign B ~ One of Tremp's Troops with the
A to Z Challenge

Su-sieee! Mac said...

So that's what atari means. Makes sense. Pacman was fun, but a choice between it and a pinball machine, my quarter went to the pinball machine.

The View from the Top of the Ladder

lob said...

Ah, my sons get nostalgic about their first games, too. They still have an old Nintendo NES and treat it with love. Even I remember my first game system with a smile.

nagzilla said...

I LOVED my Atari and played it endlessly. I can't even tell you how many joysticks we broke from excessive usage. Great memories!

Hi from Nagzilla bloghopping A to Z

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Thanx for popping by everyone!

@Nagzilla We snapped a few ourselves! LOL

@lob My girls still play SuperMario brothers.

@Su-sieee! Mac aahh! Old-old school! Respect :-)

@BarbaraInCaneyhead awesome!

@Ninjalex @Jeremy thanx for popping by



A Daft Scots Lass said...

Thanx for popping by everyone!

@Nagzilla We snapped a few ourselves! LOL

@lob My girls still play SuperMario brothers.

@Su-sieee! Mac aahh! Old-old school! Respect :-)

@BarbaraInCaneyhead awesome!

@Ninjalex @Jeremy thanx for popping by



A Daft Scots Lass said...

Thanx for popping by everyone!

@Nagzilla We snapped a few ourselves! LOL

@lob My girls still play SuperMario brothers.

@Su-sieee! Mac aahh! Old-old school! Respect :-)

@BarbaraInCaneyhead awesome!

@Ninjalex @Jeremy thanx for popping by



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails