Saturday, 18 April 2015

Psych! It's Paddington.

When I was growing up in Scotland, Paddington Bear was everywhere - books, telly, stuffed bears, comics, endless merchandise.  He even has his own Royal Mail stamp!

Paddington Bear was created by a BBC cameraman in the late fifties, after buying a neglected Teddy Bear for his wife one Christmas at Paddington Train Station.  Hence the name.  

He went on to write a book about Paddington Bear and many books were published after that first one.

Adorable wee Paddington wears a grey dufflecoat and closh hat most of the time and carries an old, battered suitcase with a hidden compartment. He sometimes wears wellies, has the cutest accent and adores marmalade!

Do you remember watching him? The TV show was a mixture of 2D and 3D animation and that's what made is so special, well, for me anyway. 

Paddington Bear is so well-know he has even met royalty
 

The Voice of Michael Horden

 

6 comments:

Jo said...

Has the new movie made it over to South Africa yet? I saw it about a month ago, it is wonderful. I have ordered a copy.

I am delighted to say Michael Bond's daughter is a close friend of mine. She runs the Paddington Bear company these days.

Ranveer vishal said...

Enjoyed reading the fun post about Paddington bear:)

AiringMyDirtyLaundry said...

I remember reading his books. I enjoyed them.

WM Anderson said...

BIG fan of Paddington. I still have one on my desk and I'm 56. He and Tigger always make me smile.
Wendy at Wendy of The Rock

Michele said...

How awesome! I had completely forgotten about Paddington. I love all your posts for this challenge! All stuff I grew up with too.

Mich said...

I still love Paddington Bear, and I think he's still floating around somewhere in my room, though his boots and coat are long gone....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails