Monday, 20 April 2015

Quickly, Qbert

Who remembers the puzzle arcade game Q*bert by Gottlieb from the 80s? 

The most adorable wee orange character with an elongated nose and his comic swear speech bubble.  The controls with the diagonally oriented joystick and the purple snake enemy Coily and the green enemy Slick.

20c got you a few goes with this diagonally hopping orange weirdo.  He even got a part in the awesome animated movie Wreck It Ralf.



Today's musical interlude is from Queen.  Good old vintage Freddie Mercury in the 80s at Live Aid.
 


6 comments:

WM Anderson said...

Wreck It Ralph was not well reviewed but I love it....though I confess I am not an arcade games kind of person...
Wendy at Wendy of The Rock

WM Anderson said...

Wreck It Ralph was not well reviewed but I love it....though I confess I am not an arcade games kind of person...
Wendy at Wendy of The Rock

Fee said...

Gawd, that's a blast from the past!

Great to find a fellow Scot on the A-Z list :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That was a funny scene in the movie.
For my first ever Challenge Q post, I posted about Q*Bert.

judi said...

Loved Qbert in Wreck it Ralph! -http://50andfabulousblog.blogspot.com

Nagzilla said...

I played Q-Bert a lot down at the gas station by my house, but I always sucked at it. Didn't stop me from plunking in a roll of quarters, though.

And I have a new appreciation of Queen. I liked them as a kid, but my daughter is absolutely obsessed with them. Never realized how really awesome they were. Compared to some of the shit on the radio now, they were Mozarts in comparison.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails