Thursday, 2 April 2015

Where’s the Beef?

Welcome to the Letter B of this year's A to Z Blog Challenge.

Who remembers the TV series Beyond 2000

Here's an episode from 1987 taken from Betamax.  Remember Betamax? 

Yeah, well our wee family had the Phillips 2000 video recorder and we thought we were the shizzle!  

The Phillips VCR had fancy analogue double-sided tapes like audio tapes.  Twice the amount of recording time - Booyah!

The commercials an frikken epic. 



My retro musical feature for the letter B is the B-52's who had huge hits in the 80s like "Love Shack" and "Planet Claire".  They were pretty new wave and not everyone's cuppa tea.  This was my favourite song of theirs.

See you tomorrow for the letter C....



3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Haven't seen a Betamax in years. Ironic it was the better medium, but VHS took over anyway.

Jeff Bushman said...

Oh heck ya I remember! I could not click on the music. That shittin' crazy song would be stuck in my head for days!

Bushman
2015 A to Z Challenge Ambassador
@jwb81074

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Never saw that series and we never had Betamax. But we did by a VHS system when you had to drive 30 miles to rent a movie. Within six months a video store opened at the end of our road and is still in business. Me and Hannah watched a movie on DVD I rented there tonight.

I love the B52's version of Love Shack. Better than the original in my opinion.
Life & Faith in Caneyhead
I am Ensign B ~ One of Tremp's Troops with the
A to Z Challenge

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails