Monday, 27 April 2015

Wombles and Willy Moon

We are heading down the home stretch with the last few letters of the A to Z Blog Challenge.

We have W, X, Y and Z left. WOW! I can't believe I made it this far.  Today's letter is W.

The Wimbledon Wombles.  Those orange, fuzzy foragers who were under-ground, over-ground Wombling free?  Sticking their bear-like pointy noses into everyone's rubbish and always finding something of significance?

Remember Great Uncle Bulgaria with his specs perched on the end of this nose and his tartan shoes. Orinoco is the lazy one, who is always late,  Tobermory the clever one and bossy Bungo.   Madame Cholet who spoke with a very posh French accent, who I always thought was Madame Charlotte and Cousin Cairngorm McWomble the Terrible.  There was wee Wellington with his blue and black cap and black rimmed specs?  They were all dead cute.  I used to watch the TV series every Saturday morning and sang along to the very catching song "Wombling Free"

The Wombles always had brilliant adventures while on "Tidy Up Duty".  They used to find all sorts of useless stuff that they made interesting.  My Dad always used to say that "The Wombles could make honey outta dog shite!"  Yeah...my Dad is quite a character with a mouth like a sailor...

Did you enjoy watching The Wombles?

Today's music features Willy Moon. He's not vintage, but his music definitely sounds from a different era. 

 Enjoy!  

2 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

Never heard of Wombles but I shared Willy Moon on Google+

Joan Somers said...

Hi there! Don't know the wombles in the US. I really like seeing what's going on with your blog. I'm nominating u for 2 blogger awards. Joan
(details on somersethouse.me))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails