Monday, 19 December 2011

I got to cuddle my mum and dip my feet in the sand

Today our wee family arrived at the South Coast for a 5 day beach holiday and to visit my folks.  I haven't seen my mum for a year so this was a very special and emotional day for me.  I can't tell you how awesome it was to finally cuddle my mum.  Recently she had a bad fall and had to have 7 stitches in her brow and badly bruised her sternum.  My mum also was diagnosed with severe oesteoperosis, arthritis in her wrists and hands and emphasema so she is very weak and frail.

I won't be spending much time on my blog until I get back on Saturday, so sorry I'm not commenting and reading blogs much.  I'm on Blogcation Plonkers!

Normal broadcast will resume shortly.



16 comments:

YeamieWaffles said...

I love the sound of the word, Blogcation haha! Have fun on your holiday away, there's nothing better than dipping your feet in sand, even in December!

A Beer for the Shower said...

Sorry to hear about your mother's fall. I hope you guys get to spend some excellent time together and have a great Christmas holiday!

Bouncin' Barb said...

Oh your poor Mom! Spend every second enjoying your time with her!!

Mark said...

Enjoy your time with the Family. We'll be fine!
m.

Babes Mami said...

Have a great time!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Spend time with your mom and family! That's much more important.
Merry Christmas!

Sub-Radar-Mike said...

Take care of your mum, we'll see you when you get back!

Divemaster GranDad said...

Hiya...where about on the south coast are you? My folks stay in Mtwalume, just north of Hibberdene.

Have a safe Christmas, and don't have too much eggnog and Christmas pies... :-)

The Glebe Blog said...

Here's another Scottish cuddle for your Mum ~{:}~ Merry Christmas, A Happy New Year and Lang May Yer Lum Reek

JoeinVegas said...

A beachy Christmas? Without snow?

jenette or more commonly known as "j" said...

Soak up some sun for me pleeeeease! ITs FREEZING here! Glad u got to hug your mum! I miss mine :(

Self Sagacity said...

Such a loving post, wish I could say the same thing about my mom. Have a wonderful Christmas. :-)

Leah said...

I hope you lavish hugs on your mum. It sounds like she needs lots of them.

Happy Christmas to you all xx

IndigoWrath said...

Hey Lass, as someone with elderly folks, I feel for you and your mum. I hope she's on the mend, and that your time with her is fun for you both. Indigo

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Enjoy the break - Enjoy Mum, and, unlike us here on the North Coast (Ballito) I hope you all got water in the pipes. This shithole has had no water in the reservoir for 3 days now.

Salagatle!

Pearl said...

Blogcation!

Enjoy your time with your mother. There's no such thing as too much cuddling!

Pearl

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails