Friday, 2 December 2011

Blogfestivus 2nd Day of Christmas and a Shoegasm

On the 2nd Day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

...two turtle doves!


We have loads of Turtle Doves here in South Africa and I call them stupid because they're always getting hit by cars and caught by dometics pets.  I'm convinced that they are fucking half-blind because they're reflexes are so slow and sluggish.  However, the symbol of two turtle doves is apparently a sublime vision of earthly love and friendship.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I love me some earthly love and friendship....yes, something incredibly close to my heart, but I will not be going down that route today. I'll be sticking to my regular run-of-the-mill random crap.

So, instead of two turtle doves I will replace them with something fucking BANGIN, which also comes in pairs....


I have thought good and hard about this and my favourite thing that comes in pairs and that would be shoes, heels in particular.  Twix comes a VERY close second but because it's Friday and I normally do my Friday's Shoegasm feature... 


Anyone who regularly reads my bloggy drivel will know that I'm a complete Shoeoholic and so, this will be my replacement for two Turtle Doves.

So, the song now goes...




"Two Jimmy Choos
And Jamie Oliver's Satay Chicken on a Stick"




17 comments:

Twisted Mummy said...

Okay I totally love the new lyrics. Two Jimmy Choos!! Those shoes are effing gorgeous!!

Melanie said...

Do want!!!

Nat said...

Would never have guessed that you'd sneak shoes into the mix :-) Not too sure I could walk in those heels though... might just kill myself or someone else in the process....

IndigoWrath said...

Hey Lass! Good grief, is that a brave bird, or a seriously relaxed cat?! It'll last seconds in my neighbourhood. And yeah, niiiice shoes. Indigo

Aimee Katherine said...

Loving the new lyrics! :D

The Glebe Blog said...

Wish I could remember the army version of the twelve days of Christmas we used to sing in the barracks.Not to be confused with the U.S version.
I can't find it on the net.I do remember that the Lords A Leaping were up to mischief and the French Hens were Letters.

A Beer for the Shower said...

I hope MY true love brings me Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtledoves.

bill lisleman said...

Those are mean looking shoes and if the shoe fits well you know.
Are women easier to catch in high heels?

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@bill Yes they are!

@ABFTS I hope Santa brings you what you want!

@The Glebe Blog You'll have to wait until Day 4 to find out what my new four is.

@Aimee Me too!

@Nat OH Jaysus, I'm so predictible!

@Indigo @Twisted Mummy @Melanie I love them too.

becomingbitter said...

I'm a girl and I'm not a shoe person. *waits for the gasping* BUT this was funny too. Keep changing the lyrics... I wonder what the finished song is going to sound like.

Blogdramedy said...

The Choos, boss, the Choos!"

That's my version of Fantasy Island...that close to so many Choos. ;-)

Mo said...

Love the lyrics. Bags are my weakness.

duncanr said...

Damn, I watched that vid all the way through - waiting for the cat to duff up that wee nyaff !

Lindsey said...

Hot damn! Those shoes are fierce! Love the spin on two turtle doves!

Bushman said...

MMMMMMM doves. Take the breast, soak it in milk, stuff a jalepeno in there , wrap it in bacon and throw it on a mesquite grill. Oh and turtle soup is delicious!
ps. where's my legs?

cat said...

Oh yes, way better than bloody doves!

Jene said...

I think it's funny that you have a lot of turtle doves. I've never seen one in real life, they're the kind of animal that sounds good in a song or story but never shows up in my own little world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails