Saturday, 3 December 2011

BlogFestivus Day 3

On the 3rd Day of Christmas my true love sent to me...
...Three French Hens

Jaysus, I just realised that there are a LOT of fucking birds in the 12 Days of Christmas song!  

Who in their right mind wants all those birds squeaking and squawking all over the place?  I also realised that my 12 Days of Christmas is taking another twist.  It started it off with one thing in mind and now it seems to be developing into something completely different - Talk about always getting distracted!

It has turned into a string of things I'd RATHER have during the 12 Days of Christmas, rather than the actual lyrics in the song.  Brilliant!

So my 3rd day of Christmas will now be turned into three Brontë Sisters : Anne, Emily, and Charlotte Brontë.  I love the Brontë lassies, their books are classic greats, the films are awesome.  They are all so different but yet fierce for the era in which they wrote their stories.



And so the song now grows into:

"Three Brontë Sisters
Two Jimmy Choos 
And Jamie Oliver's Satay Chicken on a Stick"

Remember to stick around for the 12th day when I'll have a wee surprise for the Blogfestivusgoers.  Oh I know you'll be BANGIN it!

10 comments:

Mynx said...

I cant wait to see how this turns out. Geese tomorrow (or not, I guess)

Aimee Katherine said...

Lol awesome ^_^

blogdramedy said...

Sisters, Choos and a stick. I hope this doesn't all end badly. ;-)

Bushman said...

Ohhhh French hens, plucked and stuffed with apples and slowly roasted over an open flame.
I like where your going with this although I can see it may get a bit morbid in the end.
Great idea. I'm on board!

Bushman said...

Ohhhh La La French hens. plucked, seasoned and stuffed with apples and celery roasting over an open flame until the skin is golden and crispy. I like where your going with this. If I keep up it may get a bit weird but I like your idea!

Ryan said...

Aye the Bronte Burds wurnae bad but I preferred thon films their brother Charles Bronte made, Death Wish I II III and that...quality

SteveB said...

I was thinking about this last night and had the same thought about all the damn birds. This is going to be a huge test of coming up with a different spin on them!

The Glebe Blog said...

I liked Emily's raunchy 'Mothering Tights', bye gum,there were some goings on Ilkla Moor Moor Baht'at in them days.

cat said...

I am loving this series of yours - I am doing 24days of iphoography series to Christmas - based on our Advent calender.

Jene said...

Yes, lots and lots of birds. I don't know why I never noticed it before. Truth be told, this is one of my least favorite christmas songs.

I like your approach. I enjoy a good Bronte, myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails