Thursday, 1 December 2011

BlogFestivus 1st Day of Christmas

It's our favourite festive cumulative song. 

Come on sing it with me y'all...

"On the 1st Day of Christmas my true love sent to meeeeee....A Partridge in a Pear Tree".

Do any of us really know what the fuck a partridge is and what it looks like?

Well, let me first of tell you, she is not a small bird so finding and catching one and puting it in a pretty guilded cage for your sweetheart is not the ideal Christmassy gift. Poor Partridge would be completely circumscribed.  (Not circumcised - that an entirely different blog post).  So, I figured why don't I replace the partridge in a pear tree with a chicken?

Everyone loves chicken, right? I rather have Chicken on a stick than Partridge in a Tree.  Wait!  Wouldn't that a kebab? 

It could be succulently grilled in a scrummy peanut satay sauce.  You know, Thai Style and perhaps served with some spicy stir-fried noodles?

Shite, I got side tracked again.

So the song will now go - sing it with me y'all...

"On the First Day of Christmas my true love sent to me Thai Satay Chicken on a Stick".

Yeah!  That's much better.



13 comments:

Not So Simply Single said...

God how I love you! Always! You make me laugh so hard I pee on myself!

Lisa
xo

Nat said...

Hahaha! Can't wait to read what you make of the rest of the days...

I agree with you - far rather have chicken on a stick with satay sauce :-)

Melanie said...

Too funny!!

Jene said...

I really enjoyed your BlogFestivus post! You look very comfy in front of the webcam. I'm envious.

I also appreciated your liberal use of the word "fuck." A woman after my own heart, indeed.

jenette or more commonly known as "j" said...

Great guest appearance by the pup in the background! Too cute! Wicked post!

bill lisleman said...

Brilliant - you sing well and I think your dog like it.
What is a "Pair" tree? - a typo?

nitebyrd said...

That is truly a delicious sounding tangent you got off on! LOL

Great start, girl!

blogdramedy said...

I love a woman who gets so easily sidetracked. And one who can change it up like this. Great BlogFestivus day one. :-)

JoeinVegas said...

Thank you for that lovely rendition (I think)

duncanr said...

Great post - looking forward to your next posts in the Challenge !

fixitordeal said...

Ha! That was delightfully random! Love seeing how people are responding to this challenge.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

I seem to haven interpreted the Blogfestivus WAY different from everyone else. I guess that's normal for me.

becomingbitter said...

That was funny! I like the fact that you interpreted this challenge differently from the rest of us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails