It's our favourite festive cumulative song.
Come on sing it with me y'all...
"On the 1st Day of Christmas my true love sent to meeeeee....A Partridge in a Pear Tree".
Do any of us really know what the fuck a partridge is and what it looks like?
Well, let me first of tell you, she is not a small bird so finding and catching one and puting it in a pretty guilded cage for your sweetheart is not the ideal Christmassy gift. Poor Partridge would be completely circumscribed. (Not circumcised - that an entirely different blog post). So, I figured why don't I replace the partridge in a pear tree with a chicken?
Everyone loves chicken, right? I rather have Chicken on a stick than Partridge in a Tree. Wait! Wouldn't that a kebab?
It could be succulently grilled in a scrummy peanut satay sauce. You know, Thai Style and perhaps served with some spicy stir-fried noodles?
Shite, I got side tracked again.
So the song will now go - sing it with me y'all...
"On the First Day of Christmas my true love sent to me Thai Satay Chicken on a Stick".
Yeah! That's much better.

12 comments:
God how I love you! Always! You make me laugh so hard I pee on myself!
Lisa
xo
Hahaha! Can't wait to read what you make of the rest of the days...
I agree with you - far rather have chicken on a stick with satay sauce :-)
I really enjoyed your BlogFestivus post! You look very comfy in front of the webcam. I'm envious.
I also appreciated your liberal use of the word "fuck." A woman after my own heart, indeed.
Great guest appearance by the pup in the background! Too cute! Wicked post!
Brilliant - you sing well and I think your dog like it.
What is a "Pair" tree? - a typo?
That is truly a delicious sounding tangent you got off on! LOL
Great start, girl!
I love a woman who gets so easily sidetracked. And one who can change it up like this. Great BlogFestivus day one. :-)
Thank you for that lovely rendition (I think)
Great post - looking forward to your next posts in the Challenge !
Ha! That was delightfully random! Love seeing how people are responding to this challenge.
I seem to haven interpreted the Blogfestivus WAY different from everyone else. I guess that's normal for me.
That was funny! I like the fact that you interpreted this challenge differently from the rest of us.
Post a Comment