Friday, 16 December 2011

Friday's Shoegasm

Hey! Hey!  I'm on holiday as of today!  No more work, no more office, no more ringing phones, no more client queries, no more shuffling papers, no more blah blah fucking blah in my ear from colleagues wanting shit.

I'm FREEEEEEEEE

and so I'm preparing to go down to visit my mum and dad on the South Coast of Natal.  They are a 700km drive away and we'll be travelling down by car during the early hours of Monday morning.  I can't wait to see my mum, I haven't seen her in a year! And she's not well.

Mum had a bad fall on Tuesday morning.  She fell getting into the bath and split her head open and she thought she'd cracked her sternum.  X-rays at the ER showed that it was only very badly bruised and she got her eye brow sewn up and was sent home later that day.  No signs of concussion.

Mum also has severe osteoperosis with a crumbling spine and many tiny fractures, she's in constant pain.  She has a back operation last year to try and stabalise her spine,  Not only that, she has arthitis in her wrists and hands and was diagnosed last year with emphasima.

I just can't wait to give her a cuddle! 
I'd drive 700km just to be able to do that.

Link up for Friday's Shoegasm, take my button, let me know that you're playing along and I'll come and visit your blog to take a peek are your gorgeous shoes.



Betsey Johnson $72.99

Two Lips $89.99
Badgley $79.99 
RSVP $99.99
Michael Antionio  $59.99

Don't forget to enter the Caption My Photo Competition or my 2000th Post Giveaway and win an awesome Daft Scots Lass tattoo.

9 comments:

Mike Smith said...

Have a great holiday.

The Glebe Blog said...

Get well soon greetings to your Mum from Scotland.
Hope you have a lovely trip.

Since you are now Freeeeeeeeee have a look on Youtube at "Tommy - I'm Free - Roger Daltrey (The Who)"

It's snowing !

The Glebe Blog said...

Get well soon greetings to your Mum from Scotland.
Hope you have a lovely trip.

Since you are now Freeeeeeeeee have a look on Youtube at "Tommy - I'm Free - Roger Daltrey (The Who)"

It's snowing !

Mark said...

I'm wishing your Mum a speedy recovery. Please don't cuddle her too hard.
m.

Maurice Mitchell said...

While I don't wear high heels (really I don't) I join all men in saying "Thank you" for wearing these. Maybe I can get my wife to wear 'em.

Nolens Volens said...

How long will you be off? I have 6 weeks off. So there. ;) Here's to your mother getting better when you get there.

Dazee Dreamer said...

omg. i posted a pair of shoes with laces too. we rock

Kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

sorry I saw there were words in the post but all I saw were those betsey johnson heels... droooooool

jenette or more commonly known as "j" said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Safe travels to see her. Happy Holidays! I'm glad to be FREEEE too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails