Sunday, 4 December 2011

BlogFestivus Day 4 and Monday Music

On the 4th Day of Christmas my true love sent to me....

..Four Calling Birds

I’m not talking about budgies, I’m not talking about girls, I’m talking about song birds and that would be the most famous fab four ever, namely:  John, Paul, George and Ringo aka The Beatles.

I love The Beatles and grew up listening to their music as my big Skin ‘n Blister (sister) was, and still is, a MASSIVE Beatles fan. Thanks to her, I know most of the words to all their hit songs and  how to sing all the harmonies…pretty pathetic, I know.

So, I figured, seeing as its Monday and I usually do Monday Music Moves Me over at Xmas Dolly, I thought I’d tie the two together and, you know, kill two birds with one stone. I hear you groaning, Oh I know, it’s a “cheap” shot….(Kak Grap gaan sit in die hoek!)



Well, A Daft Scots Lass’ 12 Days of Christmas song now goes :

Four Liverpool Blokes,
Three Brontë Sisters,
Two Jimmy Choos
And Jamie Oliver's Satay Chicken on a Stick.

16 comments:

Mynx said...

Ohhh I love the Beatles too. Good choice for #4

Bushman said...

Beatles can be eaten as well. Ask Yoko she lived off of dead beatles for a long time!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You're right - there were a lot of birds in the Twelve Days of Christmas.

duncanr said...

been many a long year since I last heard anyone say 'skin 'n blister' ;-))

IndigoWrath said...

Yep, I'm with Minx - there were never four more fabulous! Indigo

blogdramedy said...

The lyrics of your rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas are quite unique. I think by the last day I'm going to be gobsmacked...in a good way. :-)

Introducing Mr. Cool said...

Oh my another without Christmas songs, but I am a Beatles fan for sure. I don't remember Paul ever having a beard. Have a great week.

Cathy Kennedy said...

LOL great post. I love the four song birds! There isn't a person on the planet who doesn't like the Beatles. What an awesome group they were!

JamericanSpice said...

Oooh I totally want those Jimmy Choos! In RED! :)

Love your music!

Stacy Uncorked said...

You are genius! Perfect selection for "Four Calling Birds". ;)


Christmas Don’t Be Late for the fun Up On The Housetop and the Ringing Of The Bells

Barb said...

Love the thought about 4 songbirds! Thanks for sharing the Beatles with us!

Xmas Dolly said...

I didn't know this about the Beatles. Paul looks super different with a beard that's for sure. Great song though. Thanks for playin along.

Lucy said...

I had two siblings that crammed the Beatles in my head, not complaining, just saying they were a little ahead of my time too!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Great song - I love the Beatles and have since I was a kid, too.
Your 12 days of Christmas post can pass as a Christmas song in my book. =)
Have a great week.

Kelly said...

I love your version of the twelve days of Christmas! Very clever.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@Bushman Touché, Dude!

@Kelly @Lorie @Stacy @Barb @Mynx Thanx!

@Lucy then we're TWINZEEZ!

@XmasDolly Paul looks HAWT with a beard but John is still my fav fab four.

@Cathy and still continue to be.

@Mr Cool you know I don't stick to the rules
@JamericanSpice what size are you we can go halfies and share!

@duncanr stick around I'll you probably read something else you haven't heard in years.

@Alex NO SHIT, Sherlock

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails