Thursday, 25 July 2013

Go By The Book




Paula's question for Day #25  for the July Blog Challenge is your favourite childhood book?


I never really read books when I was young.  I only started enjoying reading when I left high school and started working. 

The only thing I read when I was little, was the Beano, Dandy and Twinkle weekly comics.  

My mum used to take us to the local news agent to get our weekly 10p comics on a Friday.  It was an exciting day for us, because Mum would buy us doughnuts on the way home or a Lion bar.  

Bonus.  

My mum used to also get us the annuals for Christmas every year.  I remember reading the hard-cover annuals over and over.

Good Times.

What was your favourite childhood book?



8 comments:

Sandy said...

I've never heard of those books. Nice though that you have the memory of the donuts and all. My brothers read a few adventure type comic books back in the day.

Story Time at Oozing Out My Ears

Brian Miller said...

ha. mom was a school teacher so she read to us a lot...hard to tell what my fav book was...i dont remember them much til i was reading on my own...tom swift books, i know i read them a bit....

and comics were def a must too...

Pat Hatt said...

First I've heard of those two

Paula said...

That sounds pretty cool!

Andrew Leon said...

The Monster at the End of the Book

YeamieWaffles said...

I remember my grandma buying me a Beano and it really annoying me once because I thought it was old fashioned, then I read it and loved it, didn't look back since then haha, such good entertainment!

Cristy S said...

What a great memory of doing that with your mum. I haven't heard of the books, but will do some research and see if I can find them.

Flora said...

I've never heard of those books. That's a great memory of your mother.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails