Thursday, 11 July 2013

Blue BooBoo

Visit Paula's Place to find out about the July Blog Challenge

Today's Question : What is the worst injury you have ever had?


Apart from tearing my perineum when I squeezed by babies out of my Turkey Purse, I sprained my ankle back in the day when we wore those ridiculously high platform sketchers.  

I had too much to drink one night, misjudged the steps and took a nasty fall.  My ankle was instantly black and blue and swollen.  I later found out that I had tore ligaments in my ankle, which took about 6 months to heal.  It was pretty fekking painful and I had to stop training until it healed and got stronger.  It's still a weak point when I run and I can't kneel down and sit on my knees without pain.  I really don't think it was ever treated properly.

I also broke my middle finger on the day of  my 10th birthday party.  One of my friends stepped back onto my finger and snapped it at the first knuckle.  Ouch! I was young so that healed pretty quickly... 

So I guess I've been lucky...
.

15 comments:

Mary Kirkland said...

Wow, that sounds damned painful. I think my worst injury was back in high school when I got in a fight with another girl and she ripped my earrings right out of my ears. Had to have them stitched back together. I did break her nose though.

Dark Thoughts Blog

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Ouch!
I tried to take a finger off with a hedge trimmer once.

Sandy said...

Squeezed by babies out of your turkey purse? I don't understand.

I've never seen tennis shoes like that, wow......they look dangerous even sober.

Ankles don't heal well, if ever in my opinion. I've had more of them then I can count--ankle injuries...sharing your groan.

Been noticing each morning we seem to be the early birds signing the linky.

Grace Kelly Doesn't Sweat

Brian Miller said...

broke my thumb in a baseball game, had a stick go through my leg in a war game, had a machine fall off a truck and crush all the muscles in both legs & have a 15 inch barb wire scar....

ouch on the finger...my sister broke all hers in a car door once...

Beth @ E. lizard Breath Speaks said...

ouch. ouch. ouch. ) :

Damyanti said...

I tore ligaments last year, and was wheelchair bound for 4 months...beastly!

Pat Hatt said...

Miss the healing factor of youth, injuries suck.

Paula said...

OMG....turkey purse....I am going to howl all day. I am so glad I found you lass

Al Penwasser said...

I broke my finger when someone punched me in the nose.
BA DUM BUM

Al Penwasser said...

Okay, seriously....
My worst injury happened 36 years ago (good God) when I was onboard the USS America on our way back from Brazil. An outraged (very large) cook punched a grease pan into my nose (I was using said grease pan to defend myself-bad headwork on my part). Anyway, while it didn't break my nose, it gave me a cut which required 21 stitches to close. I carry the scar to this day. It gives me a bad ass kinda look. In actuality, it should give me a "dumbass who was too slow to get out of the way of a grease pan" kinda look. The good part about this? It happened on July 10th which means I was in sick bay the next day on my birthday. Which means I didn't have to go to work washing dishes.

YeamieWaffles said...

I thought that you were going to get something foot related when I originally read this haha Lass. I didn't know there was a part of the body called a perineum haha, I've learned something new today.

grins said...

I'm old. I win.

Jo said...

I have smashed a few fingers in my time, damned painful

Flora said...

Turkey purse? Wow...I haven't heard that one before.

Those sketchers look downright scary!

Cristy S said...

Yay!! Broken middle finger buddies!! Those damn stitches for the tearing, HURT!! At least mine did, I don't think they numbed me very well!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails