Saturday, 6 July 2013

My Favourite Shade of White is Jack

It's Day Six of Paula's July Blog Challenge and today's question is  : 

If you could spend 15 minutes with a celebrity who would it be and why?

I'm so predictable with this one.

I would want to spend 15 minutes with Jack White, my favourite musician and founder Thirdman Records in Nashville.

I became obsessed with this man when I stumbled across his music on You Tube.  Ball and Biscuit by The White Stripes is still my favourite Jack White Song.

I fell in love with his music and started researching everything about him.  What bands he had been a part of :  The White Stripes, The Upholsterers, The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather and most recently the release of his solo album, Blunderbuss.  Where he came from, where he lived, who he married, how many children does he have...

Jack is an incredibly talented and authentically organic musician.  He loves the Delta Blues and plays piano, guitar and drums and has been successful at all three.    

We'd talk for hours about music and the blues and Led Zeppelin and where the idea from Thirdman Records came from.  



8 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

Jack sounds incredibly talented Lass! Rolling Stone calls him "one of the most important guitarists of the decade." So he's gotta be good. Off to YouTube!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/artists/jack-white/biography

Brandon Ax said...

Well that would not be a wasted 15 minutes for sure. He is awesome.

circleoftoast said...

He's freaking awesome. Hot and talented. I want to climb him like a tree.

Paula said...

I have never heard of him but I am headed over to You Tube to check him out. I love the title of your post. So Clever

Sandy said...

Hard to make a comment, I've never heard of him; and like so little modern music. It's an age thing no doubt.
Paul Newman is a Nice Man

YeamieWaffles said...

It's funny Lass, if I hadn't read your title I still would have known who was coming up! Hopefully some day you actually do physically meet Jack White, you guys would have such a laugh together haha!

Flora said...

I had never heard of him, but I went straight to YouTube. His music is catchy.

ramsaygrace said...

Jack White sounds pretty awesome, so I'm off to check him out on Youtube. Glad you shared him with us. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails