Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Magical History Tour

Today is the last day of Paula's July Blog Challenge and today we blog about "One person from History you'd like to spend the day"

 Henry VIII

He was a Lord. 

He was a King. 

He was a ginger.  

He was fat, really fat....ah, I'm sure he blames the good life of the rich and infamous.  

Henry had The Balls to start his own church and his modus operande was to behead people who displeased him. A bit barbaric, but it takes big cahoonas  to behead everyone who calls you a fat fuck.  He loved to decorate his large frame with pretty baubles and spent a small fortune on embellishments.  He loves to party like the king-rock-star he was.

Who wouldn't want to spend a day with this bloke and get inside his head?





7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's right, he founded Church of England, didn't he?

Karin Copperwood said...

Did you know that Henry got jabbed in the thigh, not too far from his family jewels, during a jousting match and ended up with a large, festering, stinky wound that would not heal? I bet he smelled just fantastic! His last wife cared for that disgusting putrid injury up to the bitter end. i am sure having sex with him must have been a really gross proposition. I say we give his final (and lucky to live) wife sainthood!

Paula said...

I agree...I would spend a day with him. As long as my head was 'on straight' LOL! Thanks for participating Lass

Sandy said...

Not me thanks, he doesn't sound like a person I would want to get to know, I like nicer people. By the way, what's a ginger? An interesting choice. So far the choices have been all over the place which is fun.
Oozing Out My Ears

YeamieWaffles said...

The one thing that would stop me from wanting you to spend a day with him would be the possibility that if you said something out of line he would have your head chopped off which I would hate! Love this post though, this challenge has actually been really fun, hope you've enjoyed writing all your posts as much as we've enjoyed reading them.

The Glebe Blog said...

Not Henry for me thanks. It would have to be Leonardo Da Vinci, he could see the future.

Flora said...

I wouldn't say much if I spent the day with him for fear I'd say the wrong thing. I kinda like my head where it is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails