Thursday, 4 July 2013

Four Score and Seven Years Ago...

Happy 4th of July to my yankie Plonkers.  I'm taking part in Paula's July Blog Challenge.  Go check it out.

We're on Day 4 :  If you could rid the world of one thing what would it be?

The Kardashians?  No, seriously....

I'd rid the world of addiction.  Whether the addiction is drugs, alcohol, food, sex, exercise, interwebz, smoking, gambling....

Addiction not only tears families apart, but changes the entire wiring of the brain.  Repairing the damage that addiction destroys, takes far longer than the physiological recovery. 


6 comments:

Sandy said...

Addiction does cover alot of territory. Happy 4th to you also.
The World Does Need You, Hate

Jen Forbes said...

good choice. my dad passed after a long fight with addiction. totally get this :)

Paula said...

I come from a family with a long history of addictions to a variety of things.....this would sure change the world if we could rid it of addiction

YeamieWaffles said...

You're a lady after my own heart Lass, first you'd like to get rid of the Kardashians and then addiction? Good on you Lass and I completely agree, addiction is one of the most horrible things in the world, I know that from experience.

Flora said...

You're a funny one. :-) I could live in a world without addiction. My own family suffered because of it.

Cristy S said...

Great answer!! And I agree about the Kardashians too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails