Monday, 15 July 2013

Random Act of Kindness

Paula has challenged everyone who signed up for July's Blog Challenge to do a good deed and blog about it. 

Well, my lovely Plonkers....this is something that I think of a lot.  

I have actually done this before....I read it on someone's blog years ago that someone had taped a dollar to a snack vending machine.  I always wanted to do it.  

The first time I did it, was at our local garage shop where they have an awesome Chaywa coffee/cappuccino/hot chocolate machine. I taped R20 to the machine with a note saying "Coffee's on Me".

Today, I did it again, at our local supermarket.  I taped a R10 to one of snack shelves with a wee note saying "RAOK. Snacks on Me" and walked away.  

However, today played out a little differently to last time.  When I was walking away, something pulled me back to sneak a peak at who would find the cash.  

I stood lurking at the end of the isle pretending to oogle the chocolates.  A man and his two young kids came up the isle.  His daughter couldn't have been more than six years old and she noticed the money first.  Her face was absolutely priceless!  Her eyes went huge, she put her hand over her gasping mouth and pointed to the money.  Her dad pulled the money off the shelve, looked around smiling and after a few moments of chatting for a while, he picked up a family packet of crisps...

Mission Accomplished!

It was great to be able to watch the recipient of my RAOK this time!  I got such a massive kick out of it, I couldn't stop smiling all the way home.  I'm still smiling writing this post....

...just to know that this simple act made someone smile made me smile wider than ever.



What Random Acts of Kindness have you done?

8 comments:

Paula said...

I love RAOK! You are awesome

Louisa said...

That's awesome!
Now and then I surprise the two ladies working the till at my local garage with coffee on my way to work. Their shift ends at 07:00 and they aren't allowed any coffee unless they pay for it themselves - crazy.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's cool you got to see someone find it.

Jo said...

What a wonderful idea. I have never been able to think of an RAOK but that is one anyone could try. Thanks.

W.C.Camp said...

Just your enthusiasm and pure joy for this act proves (at least for you) it is NOT random! Great post! W.C.C.

Cristy S said...

That is awesome!!!! What a sweet thing. I love doing random acts. It makes me feel good too. I like brightening people's day.

Sandy said...

What cool thing to do, fun too that you got to watch this play out.
Good Deads

**** April **** said...

I think that's AWESOME!

Whenever I take my kiddo to the airport to fly to his dads, we always stop at a local cafe and pick up the tab of any soldiers we see dining there. It's always nice to see them look around wondering who did that for them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails