Visit Paula's Place to find out about the July Blog Challenge
Today's Question : What is the worst injury you have ever had?
Apart from tearing my perineum when I squeezed by babies out of my Turkey Purse, I sprained my ankle back in the day when we wore those ridiculously high platform sketchers.
I had too much to drink one night, misjudged the steps and took a nasty fall. My ankle was instantly black and blue and swollen. I later found out that I had tore ligaments in my ankle, which took about 6 months to heal. It was pretty fekking painful and I had to stop training until it healed and got stronger. It's still a weak point when I run and I can't kneel down and sit on my knees without pain. I really don't think it was ever treated properly.
I also broke my middle finger on the day of my 10th birthday party. One of my friends stepped back onto my finger and snapped it at the first knuckle. Ouch! I was young so that healed pretty quickly...
So I guess I've been lucky...
.


15 comments:
Wow, that sounds damned painful. I think my worst injury was back in high school when I got in a fight with another girl and she ripped my earrings right out of my ears. Had to have them stitched back together. I did break her nose though.
Dark Thoughts Blog
Ouch!
I tried to take a finger off with a hedge trimmer once.
Squeezed by babies out of your turkey purse? I don't understand.
I've never seen tennis shoes like that, wow......they look dangerous even sober.
Ankles don't heal well, if ever in my opinion. I've had more of them then I can count--ankle injuries...sharing your groan.
Been noticing each morning we seem to be the early birds signing the linky.
Grace Kelly Doesn't Sweat
broke my thumb in a baseball game, had a stick go through my leg in a war game, had a machine fall off a truck and crush all the muscles in both legs & have a 15 inch barb wire scar....
ouch on the finger...my sister broke all hers in a car door once...
ouch. ouch. ouch. ) :
I tore ligaments last year, and was wheelchair bound for 4 months...beastly!
Miss the healing factor of youth, injuries suck.
OMG....turkey purse....I am going to howl all day. I am so glad I found you lass
I broke my finger when someone punched me in the nose.
BA DUM BUM
Okay, seriously....
My worst injury happened 36 years ago (good God) when I was onboard the USS America on our way back from Brazil. An outraged (very large) cook punched a grease pan into my nose (I was using said grease pan to defend myself-bad headwork on my part). Anyway, while it didn't break my nose, it gave me a cut which required 21 stitches to close. I carry the scar to this day. It gives me a bad ass kinda look. In actuality, it should give me a "dumbass who was too slow to get out of the way of a grease pan" kinda look. The good part about this? It happened on July 10th which means I was in sick bay the next day on my birthday. Which means I didn't have to go to work washing dishes.
I thought that you were going to get something foot related when I originally read this haha Lass. I didn't know there was a part of the body called a perineum haha, I've learned something new today.
I'm old. I win.
I have smashed a few fingers in my time, damned painful
Turkey purse? Wow...I haven't heard that one before.
Those sketchers look downright scary!
Yay!! Broken middle finger buddies!! Those damn stitches for the tearing, HURT!! At least mine did, I don't think they numbed me very well!!
Post a Comment