Paula's question for Day #25 for the July Blog Challenge is your favourite childhood book?
I never really read books when I was young. I only started enjoying reading when I left high school and started working. The only thing I read when I was little, was the Beano, Dandy and Twinkle weekly comics.
My mum used to take us to the local news agent to get our weekly 10p comics on a Friday. It was an exciting day for us, because Mum would buy us doughnuts on the way home or a Lion bar.
Bonus.
My mum used to also get us the annuals for Christmas every year. I remember reading the hard-cover annuals over and over.
Good Times.
What was your favourite childhood book?

8 comments:
I've never heard of those books. Nice though that you have the memory of the donuts and all. My brothers read a few adventure type comic books back in the day.
Story Time at Oozing Out My Ears
ha. mom was a school teacher so she read to us a lot...hard to tell what my fav book was...i dont remember them much til i was reading on my own...tom swift books, i know i read them a bit....
and comics were def a must too...
First I've heard of those two
That sounds pretty cool!
The Monster at the End of the Book
I remember my grandma buying me a Beano and it really annoying me once because I thought it was old fashioned, then I read it and loved it, didn't look back since then haha, such good entertainment!
What a great memory of doing that with your mum. I haven't heard of the books, but will do some research and see if I can find them.
I've never heard of those books. That's a great memory of your mother.
Post a Comment